How much space do you waste (system restore)

2»

Comments

• I had something with my laptop where I'd log on, then it'd log me off and possibly shut down the computer. I think it was a virus, not sure. I just said fuck it and reformatted it. I now backup the My Docs folder to a CD-RW every once in a while.
  • aint that sasser or msblast?
  • frognet wrote:
    I have never really used system restore. I only try to use apps that i know others have used 1st. I use norton ghost and make a backup image onto my other 20gb hard drive, so i can restore the pc back to normal in 3mins if anything goes wrong :)
    You are the first one to pass my test.
    You are doing just fine. You didn't say
    whether you had partitions or not but a
    second hard drive is great. If you don't
    have partitions on your Primary Drive
    you might want to think about it. You
    could put a second copy on C: that
    would work. You can still back it up
    there but would need another hard
    drive installed first if the second one
    went bad.
    I wish everybody would do what you do.
    Thump
  • System Restore caused me so much trouble i downgraded to windows 95, to the good old days when everything was simple

headbanger013
  • I leave it turned on and at the default setting as ive had no problems with it and dont mind cleaning out all but my most recent restore point every week to save space. I have had to use it on 2 occasions and it did fix the problems so might as well leave it on just incase.

Richard
  • I just had to use it today... ick... Media Player 10 was installed. Seeing how it looked like crap and I hated it... I wanted to go back to 9. The only way was to use system restore and go back a day.
  • You use WMP?!

Jesus fucking christ (fail)
  • I'm not one to use multimedia that often.
  • All winxp users should use WMP, it's beautiful and shiny, like XP itself...
  • anyone can use what ever they want, be it WMP, IE, Outlook Express, the new XP theme.
  • OK, OK, but I know some ppl who like crap (windows Xp....etc) Why they don't like WMP? Crap fans!? It's a crap too! That's what you like! use it!!!
  • We've been over this before -_- XP is a GREAT OS. You are just too blind to see it.
  • Well, I want to say I have never bashed people who use XP, but when you use XP and say it's a great os... I become to wonder: what's great there? I was searching something great in XP, but didn't find that.... what is it..
  • mainly the huge compatibility with hardware.
  • Nah, they just seem to have tons of drivers for everything
  • probably because they do... I haven't found many things that needed drivers to be manually installed to work in XP. In 2000 you need more, but not too many, in 98 and below you needed to find a driver for just about anything. Those drivers for old hardware were hard to find, but rather fun to see how many dos and 3.x could handle before running out of ram. My sound card itself took most of the free 640k because it used like three programs just to be detected.
  • I never had trouble with drivers, the only drivers I ever had to install were NIC drivers in NT4 for my Compaq NIC's, VGA drivers in NT4, and sound drivers for my old Opti and ALS card.