Some ISO are corrupted, help!!!

edited May 2017 in Software
If you did not see the top, i have been having some problems with some ISO's, that when extracted from their 7z's they wont boot. Then they show up as corrupted or damaged in winRAR. And they show no errors when extracting. Merp. So any help? Anyone??? :?

Comments

• What ISOs are you having a problem with?
  • win.ini wrote:
    If you did not see the top, i have been having some problems with some ISO's, that when extracted from their 7z's they wont boot. Then they show up as corrupted or damaged in winRAR. And they show no errors when extracting. Merp. So any help? Anyone??? :?

What type? Operating system or computer programs and what are they made for? (Ex. Windows 2000 / Microsoft Word 98 for MacOS)
  • Mac OS X 10.3, Mac OS System 9, OS/2 Warp 4.52 and Windows 3.11 for Workgroups. I guess just any archives that are 7z's.
  • All archives on this site are in 7-zip archives. Let me guess, you are trying to "boot" MacOS X or MacOS 9 in Virtualbox, or something stupid like that. It won't work, and those don't use ISO file systems, so you need a genuine Mac or appropriate emulator to do anything with those at all. Also, Windows 3.11 for workgroups is not available as an ISO.

At any rate, you are still not providing enough information. *Exactly* what are you trying to do, *exactly* what tool(s) are you using, and *exactly* what are the errors(s) you are seeing?
  • win.ini wrote:

Not all ISO images will open in WinRar. For example, I have somewhere here a "High Sierra" (not iso9660) ISO image, and it works fine, but WinRar doesn't recognize it.

By the way, did you try opening the problematic ISO with 7zip?
  • For me it's the same thing. The BeOS 5 Pro ISO for example, gives an empty disc when I burn it.

I also downloaded the OS 9.2.1 ISO file, couldn't burn it with the built-in utility in Windows 10 but CDBurnerXP did the trick. Not sure if that's a problem with the ISO though.
  • BeOS has both an ISO filesystem and its native BeFS one. This confuses a lot of utilities. (I think it'd be better if we distributed it as a cue sheet, but a lot of stuff doesn't support that.)

Likewise, Mac OS uses HFS as its CD filesystem. Most utilities are happy and can just burn the disc's contents no matter what.
  • Well, good point vbdasc, i could try using 7 zip. Duhh...