What is your favorite Longhorn Build (Pre-Reset)

edited June 2017 in Software
My favorite build is 4074, it's the most stable pre-reset Longhorn build. Complete with DWM/Aero and Animated Preview Panel Aurora in the explorer, it's beautiful to look at and quite frankly it's probably the best UI that Microsoft ever made. I have a VM running 4074 right now on VMWare. Best Longhorn build ever. Why did Microsoft get rid of something so gorgeous?... So what about you guys? You have any favorites or you want to share some Longhorn stories?

Comments

• I prefered build 4008 to be honest. Still had that XP feel :)
  • it's the most stable pre-release Longhorn build

Do you mean pre-reset?

4074 is also one of my favorite builds; however, my most favorite pre-reset build is 4083. It has an XP-like feel and is one of the last x64 builds.
  • My favorite build is 4074, it's the most stable pre-reset Longhorn build. Complete with DWM/Aero and Animated Preview Panel Aurora in the explorer, it's beautiful to look at and quite frankly it's probably the best UI that Microsoft ever made. I have a VM running 4074 right now on VMWare. Best Longhorn build ever. Why did Microsoft get rid of something so gorgeous?... So what about you guys? You have any favorites or you want to share some Longhorn stories?

My Favourite is Build 4001 Because It is 1st Mil-4 Build and Also Has Pre-installation Environment.
  • I've yet to delve into checking out Longhorn. Are there such differences between pre-reset builds that you can have a favorite? What sort of things change from build to build?
  • There are many differences, such as the change in design from the XP-like one that the earliest ones sported, until they became to what Vista would have. In Build 4008, there is a sidebar that features the clock in which Build 4074 didn't have that.
  • I just deleted 4074 in VMWare ver 6-7x. Programs wouldn't install, all kinds of Kernel32.dll related. Safari, Chrome, Opera XP/Vista releases, nothing. Firefox 43 crashes now & then. Needed an ISO mounting program which installed then on restart all the "Computer" icons in the folder disappeared. Desktop icons display properties wouldn't stay as I wished ( needed bigger icons, fonts ). Oh well. I'll try another.