How to remove SB16 Drivers from Windows 3.0?

edited July 2017 in Software
When I installed the SB16 drivers, I used the default Windows path, but it thought it was 3.1, when I am really running 3.0.

Now the drivers work and as I said previously I get sound in games, a certain MIDI player, and in DMP.

The problem is not the card as it works, due to this not being a PnP motherboard (I still stand by "Fuck PnP!"). The sb16 didnt work right in a PnP board, but I have never had a problem with it on a non-pnp board, so there.

anyways, now anytime I run "win" and Windows 3.0 boots up I get an error message:

"Application Execution Error"

"This application requires a newer version of Microsoft Windows".

I suspect this is the SB16 drivers and/or related software.

There is no startup group, and I also looked in both my config.sys and autoexec.bat, but saw nothing to the effect of starting up a program in Windows.

When I close the pop-up, it goes away and I can use Windows just fine, but it is annoying, and I would like to get rid of it.

I can't figure out how.

Comments

• Hmm.. that's probably an incompatibility software issue. Maybe try to upgrade to Windows 3.1 or 3.11? Or try to check the driver requirements. If all else fails, try to reinstall Win 3.x.
  • Try checking WIN.INI. That should give you a clue as to what's happening.
  • Yep, that and system.ini

You can easily open them both by running sysedit, which is pretty much msconfig's ancestor.