Welcome to the New World Order of WinBoards

2

Comments

  • Glad the site has returned better than ever!

    I love it but I can't help but wish for the simplicity and quicker load times of the old version. At least everything works this time around!

  • Hello everbody, i am new here :), so i don't know how the old forum looks.
    The website it self is a much newer and better look. I am dutch, i hope my English is not to bad. CU later :smiley:

  • The old one was powered by phpBB, and had the black starry background and all that ;) Also, welcome aboard :)

  • Thanks Bry :), for this welcome.

  • No problem ;)

    Come to think of it, I really do miss the other folk that were around last time... not sure if they were uninformed about the upgrade or, didn't bother with WinWorld anymore prior to it. At least I'm still here, haha :P

  • Yeah I am glad everything works now as well. Although I did like the starry background.

  • OMG, better than better!! Looks like some kind of professional design freak did the whole thing!!! Really unbelievable!!

  • @Erik788 said:
    Hello everbody, i am new here :), so i don't know how the old forum looks.
    The website it self is a much newer and better look. I am dutch, i hope my English is not to bad. CU later :smiley:

    Well, Hello and Welcome to WinWorld.
    Yeah, thats about all I got, sorry.

  • Hello, I'm a new user here! I like the graphics of the website very much :smile:

  • Hello everyone, I'm a new user on this website! I really like the graphics of this site is very good and nice so much! :)

  • Sweet! I just love the way the new WinWorld is like compared to the old site. I am going to miss the old WinWorld and its old dark space theme, but I like this new look better. I especially like how the forums pages look new and up to date; I wasn't really a fan of the old forums because that plain white background with discussions looked kind of boring, and looked as if it was made using Notepad. So that's a plus.

  • What the heck? December 1969? I think this is one of bug of this WinBoards.

  • Well, um, maybe I am New REGISTERED here, but I am followin' WinWorldPC now for years over the net. This progress going on here is really nice. I also noticed the Vetter and the Bad things about this "move" over to the New Software. But all in all a very good one transformation, not only for the site itself, but also for the community ;) thanks for that.

  • I like the new interface and, yes I do miss the black interfaces as well :smile:

  • @JonathonWyble said:
    Sweet! I just love the way the new WinWorld is like compared to the old site. I am going to miss the old WinWorld and its old dark space theme, but I like this new look better. I especially like how the forums pages look new and up to date; I wasn't really a fan of the old forums because that plain white background with discussions looked kind of boring, and looked as if it was made using Notepad. So that's a plus.

    Yep, I do agree. WinworldPC nowadays does look better than the older one. :)

  • I miss the black interface so much.

  • Well Manuel didn't last long.

  • That's what happens when your first act after signing up to a forum is to PM spam those in charge.

  • @SomeGuy said:
    That's what happens when your first act after signing up to a forum is to PM spam those in charge.

    Agreed

  • Hello everybody,

    I am a new user and this is my first comment. I like very much the new look.

    Sorry for my English.

  • Hah, this place is still around!

    Greetings...

  • I miss the old layout but the new one is ok.

  • I'm liking the new forum. Very clean layout.

  • Markdown is the BEST !!!
    I wish more sites would use it :smile:

  • @MrAureliusR said:
    Markdown is the BEST !!!

    I wouldn't say it's the "best", but it does seem easier to use than BBCode. Well, not all of it though, should I be honest...

    By the way, it's been two years since news of this first broke out. I think enough's been said here.

  • @Bry89 said:

    @MrAureliusR said:
    Markdown is the BEST !!!

    I wouldn't say it's the "best", but it does seem easier to use than BBCode. Well, not all of it though, should I be honest...

    By the way, it's been two years since news of this first broke out. I think enough's been said here.

  • I'm not a fan of Markdown. To me, BBCode makes much more sense and I can read it easier. Maybe it's because I'm comfortable with HTML and BBCode is very similar to that.

  • @nick99nack said:
    I'm not a fan of Markdown. To me, BBCode makes much more sense and I can read it easier. Maybe it's because I'm comfortable with HTML and BBCode is very similar to that.

    I second that statement.

    Also @brandonp1234562, what were you trying to say to me there? Unless you just quoted me just because you can.

  • I hate both markdown and BBcode. Just give me plain text and use ** for bold and // for italic!

  • @robobox said:
    I hate both markdown and BBcode. Just give me plain text and use ** for bold and // for italic!

    Aren't you basically describing markdown?

Sign In or Register to comment.