[Request] Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger?

edited December 2017 in Offers & Requests

At this point in time, Mac OS X Tiger is barely used and I'm pretty sure it could be considered abandonware at this point. Does anyone have an ISO they'd mind uploading?

I have an ISO for v10.4.6 I downloaded from Macintosh Garden but if anyone has an official original v10.4.0 retail DVD image, if deemed truly abandonware, seeing it here would be lovely!

EDIT: By the way, just for some more supplementary information on Tiger for those who don't know much about it: the first retail version, v10.4.0, is nearly thirteen years old (first released in April 2005) and the latest release of Tiger, v10.4.11, was released in November 2007, just after the release of the first retail version of Mac OS X Leopard. I couldn't find any active installed base information on just how much Tiger is used actively, and very few modern companies continue to make software for Tiger, so I'd estimate that given these criteria it can meet the requirements to consider it abandonware.

Comments

• I have a retail DVD copy of Tiger after getting some old G4 Sawtooths and the like. I was then to find out that one of them only had a CD-ROM drive, so I found from somewhere online the 4 CD version that normally had to be requested from Apple directly.

Also I have copies of the latest updates (10.4.11) and security patches for it as well available via my blog site for download.

Nevertheless, I'd prefer to wait for someone such as SomeGuy to give the OK, before uploading all of that.

• I would be abandonware since no software works on it. And the fact the macOS is at 10.13.

• @thinkpadman said:
    I have a retail DVD copy of Tiger after getting some old G4 Sawtooths and the like. I was then to find out that one of them only had a CD-ROM drive, so I found from somewhere online the 4 CD version that normally had to be requested from Apple directly.

Also I have copies of the latest updates (10.4.11) and security patches for it as well available via my blog site for download.

Nevertheless, I'd prefer to wait for someone such as SomeGuy to give the OK, before uploading all of that.

Sounds like quite a collection of Tiger materials! I'd love to see that on the site. Apologies, but I'm new to the forum—what's the fastest way we can get approval to upload?

• @droem said:
    I would be abandonware since no software works on it. And the fact the macOS is at 10.13.

Previously adding Tiger was suggested sometime before WinWorld had major changes. I think what drove the decision not to have it as yet, was that Tiger was also available on the Intel platform, not just the PowerPC. Secondly, I believe similar to Windows XP that it's not overly difficult to find a copy compared to say finding a copy of System 7 floppy disks. Otherwise it's fair to say that Tiger and Leopard even could have easily be available on here by now.

@cephaelus - Typically people would start a new thread under Offers & Requests with the title starting with [OFFER] to signify someone offering something that may be of interest. Otherwise people would simply use the Contribution page to upload their ISO or floppy disk images to the FTP server, however this function is currently not available. At the moment it's a matter of sending a PM to SomeGuy so he can download it and make it available for everyone if he thinks it's worthy enough.

• Anything new on this topic? I'm really dying to see more of Mac OS X on WinWorld!

• @cephaelus said:
    Anything new on this topic? I'm really dying to see more of Mac OS X on WinWorld!

You can follow the Latest Downloads RSS feed to find out when new things are uploaded: https://winworldpc.com/downloads/latest.rss

• @Totengeist said:
    You can follow the Latest Downloads RSS feed to find out when new things are uploaded: https://winworldpc.com/downloads/latest.rss

I didn't know this existed. Thanks for sharing it!

• @Totengeist, I think I remember requesting something like this before, during the days of the old WW. Thanks for that, mate. Very handy ;)