Site backup

edited October 2013 in Offers & Requests
Hi Guys,

I would like to mirror the downloads. Is there a way you can let me download the files including the xp iso's you had. or upload yourself it to ftp. I honestly think you should keep the winworld site as it is. It provided lots of help in finding old softwares and operating systems. I can chip in little bit of bandwidth everyday, limited but still useful.
Please do consider my request, sites like these are going rare by the day.

Cheers,
Kumar

Comments

• A little bit of bandwidth?

You have no idea how much this place uses, clearly.
  • anil wrote:
    Is there a way you can let me download the files including the xp iso's you had. or upload yourself it to ftp.

Is it just me or does this sound like a way of asking for the XP iso's without specifically asking for the XP iso's?
  • anil wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I would like to mirror the downloads. Is there a way you can let me download the files including the xp iso's you had. or upload yourself it to ftp. I honestly think you should keep the winworld site as it is. It provided lots of help in finding old softwares and operating systems. I can chip in little bit of bandwidth everyday, limited but still useful.
    Please do consider my request, sites like these are going rare by the day.

Cheers,
    Kumar

Hi,

We have never had XP ISO's. We will not for many, many years to come.

If you want a mirror, you need to put up a mirror which will be listed on our downloads page. Said mirror can not be on a home connection either; it needs to be within a datacenter and have ample capacity (plan on 20mbit 95% usage). If you are still interested, PM me personally.

Cheers,
    Harold
  • BlueSun wrote:
    anil wrote:
    Is there a way you can let me download the files including the xp iso's you had. or upload yourself it to ftp.

Is it just me or does this sound like a way of asking for the XP iso's without specifically asking for the XP iso's?
    I don't get why suddenly anyone and everyone is asking for XP isos. I don't think people even realize it's still supported for a few more months and won't technically become abandonware until its userbase drops a bit.
    You guys have at least until 2016-2017, or even later depending on quickly adoption of 7 and 8.x pick up (it'll likely be 2018 or later) until most places, perhaps including us will consider it abandonware.
  • I think it has to do with the perception that XP is old coupled with the fact that it really is old. Though it's still supported and a lot of places still run it. But I'm definitely seeing less XP machines than I used to.
  • If you really, REALLY want XP, you can get it. There are these magical things called torrents and they're the internet gods' gift to humanity.
  • WDL3 is still up and running, you can grab what you need from there for the time being.
  • revnja wrote:
    WDL3 is still up and running, you can grab what you need from there for the time being.

It's a bit out of date, if you want to add in additional space to that box I'll do a fresh rsync and drop it back on the DL page.
  • I find this funny because there is a website that is basically a database for free software, and if you hunt for long enough, it actually contains every version of Windows 7 you could possibly want/have a key for.