[REQUEST] Old Windows PE

I am looking for older versions of Windows Preinstallation Environment. I did some searching, and only found WAIKs (used for creating Windows PE images) for Windows Vista, 7 and 8. Everything older, I could only find as dead torrents.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I just want to mention that the XP-era WinPE would be forbidden here per our "No Windows XP" policy.
  • It's important to note that the preinstall environment did not exist in XP as it did in NT6. There was no Microsoft sanctioned kit for building it and there was no customizability.

The closest you could get is building an image with BartPE and your own copy of Windows XP.
  • Prior to XP, installers had used a file called mini.cab which was a mini Windows 3.1 used for the initial stages.

I've seen some people modify this with a combination of Inno Setup to create customised installations.
  • Prior to XP, installers had used a file called mini.cab which was a mini Windows 3.1 used for the initial stages.

I've seen some people modify this with a combination of Inno Setup to create customised installations.

That's the case in 9x line only. Windows 2000 didn't include any sort of PE.
    And MINI.CAB is a normal stand-alone cab which can be created using even iexpress/makecab.