Your printer

13»

Comments

• in speed, convienence and many other ways
  • lol, slash is old-school
  • lol, slash is old-school
    and so am i (you should look at the computers i own, 90% of them are < 500 mhz)
    i do like the way some things were built back in the past, but i do like the idea of usb now because i can plug it in how i want it (and when you cant see the back of the case the way your desk is positioned.)
  • Parallel and Serial are great because they are easy to program, and they do not need bridge IC's or controllers. You can hook up almost any character LCD display to the LPT port and make it work.

I have a parallel LCD, a serial Winamp Controller and a Serial infrared receiver. I made them all myself, and It would be impossible with USB.
  • Parallel and Serial are great because they are easy to program, and they do not need bridge IC's or controllers. You can hook up almost any character LCD display to the LPT port and make it work.

I have a parallel LCD, a serial Winamp Controller and a Serial infrared receiver. I made them all myself, and It would be impossible with USB.

/me wants to learn how to make parallel LCD, and serial IR reciever

seriously that sounds cool...

btw I like old-school stuff, you can look at the past and say "They actually thought that was top-of-the-line back then"
  • nightice wrote:
    What printer(s) (if any) do you have? Mine is an Epson Stylus Photo 825.

HP DeskJet 932C;
    HP All-In-One of some type;
    Okidata 120 (you didn't say it had to be PC!);
    Some weird Apple ][ Parallel printer (branded SR1000, nothing else) connected to a Compaq Deskpro as main printer;
    Lexmark something or other;
    Yet another HP Deskjet of some sort.
  • nightice wrote:
    What printer(s) (if any) do you have? Mine is an Epson Stylus Photo 825.

HP DeskJet 932C;
    HP All-In-One of some type;
    Okidata 120 (you didn't say it had to be PC!);
    Some weird Apple ][ Parallel printer (branded SR1000, nothing else) connected to a Compaq Deskpro as main printer;
    Lexmark something or other;
    Yet another HP Deskjet of some sort.
    I don't want to look like a mod, but this topic was last updated over ten years ago. (the other few five you just bumped were from 2004 BTW) I think you should make a new thread at this point if you think it is necessary.
  • Yes, please don't bump ancient 11 year old threads.
  • Duff wrote:
    Yes, please don't bump ancient 11 year old threads.

Quite, I don't want to be reminded of how illiterate I was at 161/7.