[REQUEST] HP Pavilion dv1580se Recovery Disc

I know that this is probably borderline stupid, as the chances of anybody having this are near to none, but I was hoping that somebody on this forum might have the recovery disc(s) to an HP Pavilion dv1580se laptop? I've been screwing around with this laptop for a while now, but the previous owners clogged it with viruses and multiple installations of the same programs, and all sorts of other useless junk, so I thought I might at least try to ask. I can't ever seem to find ISO's for OEM recovery discs online at all, no matter what system it is.

On that note, does anybody know of a place where system recovery discs are available for download? It would be a nice website to know.

(I'm not asking that this be uploaded to the archive, so I was torn between posting in Software or Offers and Requests. I eventually went with the latter, but if I'm wrong, feel free to move this post over to Software. And thank you if you payed any attention at all to my desperate and probably all-for-nothing plea.)

Comments

• Unfortunately, I don't have anything similar, but I recommend you get a fresh copy of Windows (whatever was on your computer) and just install it and "hacktivate" it (I don't think Microsoft would mind). Then just go to HP's website and download drivers. As for recovery discs in general, I may be wrong but I don't think it's legal to offer software like that, even it it's computer-specific (mostly) and included with your computer. That's why I keep telling people to keep the discs and the box that way they don't get lost. It's even worse when the recovery is built into the OS and you have to burn DVDs yourself, so if the hard drive fries, you're fucked, and of course no one will burn said DVDs. I like that in newer Macs though, the recovery is on the hard drive, but there is an Internet recovery built directly into the EFI if something goes really wrong.
  • Not stupid at all. I'm actually still looking for a restore disk for a crappy Lenovo M1-M7630-AV8 Win7 desktop. It was supposed to have a restore partition, but that was all helpfully wiped. Since it is OEM, Microsoft's media download site helpfully gives me the finger, even though it has a product key. I'll probably just have to throw it out. Oh, but I get to send it to a "recycler" that sends it to a Chinese landfill so I can feel good about myself somehow.
  • I want the recovery discs specifically because it comes with certain programs from HP are actually quite useful, like QuickPlay, which is a tiny OS that boots instead of Windows when you press a special QuickPlay power button and plays DVDs. HP doesn't offer this software for download, at least not the version that comes on this laptop. If I install Windows without that, that's half of these Quick Launch buttons above the keyboard and the little remote hidden in the PC Card slot gone to waste, and I just know it'll annoy me for the rest of eternity.
  • As I said, HP probably has drivers (such as keyboard button control) and maybe even bloat software that you might find useful (such as this QuickPlay you're talking about). Most likely, you can download those software from their devs anyway, so it's not a problem.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Not stupid at all. I'm actually still looking for a restore disk for a crappy Lenovo M1-M7630-AV8 Win7 desktop. It was supposed to have a restore partition, but that was all helpfully wiped. Since it is OEM, Microsoft's media download site helpfully gives me the finger, even though it has a product key. I'll probably just have to throw it out. Oh, but I get to send it to a "recycler" that sends it to a Chinese landfill so I can feel good about myself somehow.

I know this will sound obvious SomeGuy, but couldn't you try with just any ol' OEM copy of Windows 7 lying around that matches the edition that the license sticker has? I tend to find Lenovo and Dell branded machines to be the easiest when there's no recovery disc around.

I don't really find anything for "Lenovo M1-M7630-AV8" - it's only when I start breaking it down to a Lenovo "M76" or a "M58 Type 7630" that I start finding anything tangible. Unless you're being sarcastic, it's a bit overkill if it's working otherwise.