[OFFER] Lots of Adobe!

edited June 2016 in Offers & Requests
This listing just popped up on eBay so I bought it straight away. Not bad for $25.

image.jpg

The list in the description had mentioned the titles below. I know there's some such as Photoshop 5.5 that is already on WW, but thought this was a great opportunity to have proper ISO images and some such as Illustrator 7.0 and Streamline 4.0 appear to have both the Mac and Windows versions. I also picked up Acrobat 4.0 and 5.0 upgrade for the Macintosh as well though I don't really know what's best for Macintosh CD images.

Acrobat 3.0
Acrobat 4.0
Acrobat 6.0
InDesign 1.0
InDesign 1.5
InDesign 2.0
InDesign CS
Illustrator 7.0
Illustrator 8.0
Illustrator 9.0
Illustrator 10
Photoshop 5.0
Photoshop 5.5
Photoshop 7.0
Adobe PageMaker 6.5
Adobe PageMaker 7.0
Adobe Premier 5.0
Adobe Streamline 4.0
Adobe TypeManager Deluxe 4.1
Adobe PressReady

Comments

• Struck a gold mine, I see.

Never thought Acrobat/Reader was distributed on individual CDs.
  • Old copies, can't remember the last time I saw Adobe Reader on a cd rom. Looks like legacy stuff there.
  • Struck a gold mine, I see.

Never thought Acrobat/Reader was distributed on individual CDs.

Those aren't Acrobat Reader, but the fully featured version of Acrobat to manipulate/create PDFs.

There's a tendency probably as Acrobat Reader is so ubiquitous, than any reference to "Acrobat" the assumption is that it's referring to the free viewer.
  • I would love to actually try out Adobe Streamline 4.0. I saw this at the dump along with a bunch of other stuff. But sadly I did not get it, and instead got the Corel Office 7 box.
  • birdy wrote:
    I would love to actually try out Adobe Streamline 4.0. I saw this at the dump along with a bunch of other stuff. But sadly I did not get it, and instead got the Corel Office 7 box.

I'll upload Streamline as a priority when I get a chance then. We don't appear to have any version at all of it here. I'll also look at documenting if there's other languages available for the European members in the installers.

They're all in the post at the moment.
  • @Birdy - I'm uploading Streamline as I'm typing this. Despite showing Windows & Macintosh on the CD cover, the CD only has the Windows version.

There's English, German, and French versions on the CD.
  • Are you sure it's just the Windows version? You might have accidentally omitted the HFS partition.
  • @Birdy - I'm uploading Streamline as I'm typing this. Despite showing Windows & Macintosh on the CD cover, the CD only has the Windows version.

There's English, German, and French versions on the CD.
    Thank you thinkpadman, the windows version is good enough for me, since that is all i have... Do you know if the application is 32 or 16 bit?
  • 32-bit. Basically it wants a 486 with 16MB RAM running either Windows 95 or NT 4.0 as the minimum. Pentium with 32MB RAM were the recommended requirements.

I found out last night that much of the features from Streamline were incorporated into a later version of Illustrator.
  • ampharos wrote:
    Are you sure it's just the Windows version? You might have accidentally omitted the HFS partition.

Sorry Ampharos - missed this post. Yes I booted up one of my Apple G4 towers as I was expecting the CD to be a hybrid HFS/ISO disc. I figured it was easier to image a hybrid format disc using Toast than doing so on Windows. It turned out that all the contents was Windows related. Apart from seeing the Windows version in those 3 languages, all that was really on the disc was trial applications for Windows as well.

I also checked a CD for Acrobat 3.0 that mentions both on the cover, but again on the G4 it only showed Windows files. Slightly disappointed as they would have been good additions.
  • I've never had any problems dumping Mac hybrid ISOs using ImgBurn 2.4.4.0 on Windows. Dumping as an ISO dumps everything, including the Mac data. Although there is not much on Windows that will view that data, it will all be there.

It could be this CD was supposed to be part of a 2 CD set with the Mac stuff on the other CD.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    I've never had any problems dumping Mac hybrid ISOs using ImgBurn 2.4.4.0 on Windows. Dumping as an ISO dumps everything, including the Mac data. Although there is not much on Windows that will view that data, it will all be there.

It could be this CD was supposed to be part of a 2 CD set with the Mac stuff on the other CD.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I use a free version of BurnAware and I was expecting they would generally ignore the Mac data.

The copies I have definitely don't appear to have been missing a CD. Some of the software has 2 CDs but the second CD is extra material or training stuff that can be used on either platform.