[OFFER] Microsoft Office 2000 Professional [ 2 Disc Set ]

edited May 2017 in Offers & Requests
Found a copy on Ebay for a reasonable price last night and ordered it. I noticed we don't have any copies of Office 2000 aside from Developer and Developer Tools. Once I have the CDs in hand I'll update this post with the hash keys, disc and cover scans.

Microsoft Office 2000 Professional disc contents:

Disc 1:
Access 2000
Word 2000
Excel 2000
Outlook 2000
Powerpoint 2000
Microsoft Server Extensions
Internet Explorer 5.0

Disc 2:
Publisher 2000
Small Business Tools
Shared Clip Art

Comments

• Did you not read the Office 2000 page?
    "Office 2000 Pro was removed from here a while back due to a DMCA."
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Did you not read the Office 2000 page?
    "Office 2000 Pro was removed from here a while back due to a DMCA."

As a matter of fact I did. Now that you mention it I went back to have another look though. I cannot believe I actually missed that.
  • This is rather interesting considering the fact that the MSDN version of Office 2000 Premium is freely available. Whether this is legal or not I don't know (and for potential legal purposes I won't say where), but it is hosted on a reputable and well-known (non-warez) website. From the date of the upload it has been available since 2015, long enough for Microsoft to file a DMCA.
  • Yup. On that same "non-warez" site, there have been several uploads of various MSDN ISOs of Windows XP SP3, etx - all gone.

This is not the "MSDN collection" - its others who have made individual uploads.

It just so happened that today I was sorting and one of the links I had to that site - clicked on it - they said:

"Item not available
    The item is not available due to issues with the item's content."

The terms "arbitrary and capricious" come to mind.

Also what comes to mind is "This site has been shut down due to DMCA violations" and we all surely don't want to see that.

See why we hate you Microsoft?! dumbazzes
  • Well? Have you received your eBay purchase yet?

Some time ago - a year or so, I got fed up with the run around on the other snarky site & ordered Office 2K Premium.

The 4-disc set on archive.org is Retail, SR-1, MSDN. The Box edition I got turns out to be Retail, SR-0. There are a whole bevy of others, including LVP, NFR, etc. Even sticking with English, Microsoft had different ISOs for the North American vs EU English editions.

But I digress.

HASHES:

NAME SIZE
    ==============================================

UI_EN_VF_O9PRMCD01.iso 529,932,288
    MD5: C057B3DA9EDCFAFE5D732FA7501ECD4C
    SHA1: D2FB49107A869969811D057318F03FDAB656B27F

UI_EN_VF_O9PRMCD02.iso 639.948,800
    MD5: 117794A60E9989EDD7E4E86AFE6604D6
    SHA1: AADF5B255BA466D89AC4538AB8BAD8AAD8A26C98

UI_EN_VF_PD001CD1.iso 447,297,536
    MD5: 3506277F00826DEA2308CC91B52D453B
    SHA1: 0F536783EA71F7F572F8A821BB686A51137A8C5C

UI_EN_VF_PD001CD2.iso 443,568,128
    MD5: 3C561DEA0246DF6F68E556EFD66D2E6C
    SHA1: 98F5A4580A1DD904117ABE416A89F99A278A4FF5

LEGEND
    ======

WI=WinImage
    UI=UltraIso
    PI=PowerIso
    BW=BlindWrite
    AL=Alcohol

NO_VF=No Volume Filter
    EN_VF=Enable Volume Filter

Explanation for the "LEGEND" part: I tried out a total of something like a dozen of the most familiar ISO tools, in an attempt to figure out what if any differences would occur in imaging what I consider a standard example of Microsoft production silvers. Those 5 I've settled on for current & future work. Nero /does/ work, but its so bloated it makes me gag just firing it up.

It turns out, you cannot screw up making a straight-forward ISO using WinImage.

This was after I questioned the absolutism the operator of that site has in demanding that only a particular free version of some software be used (I forget now already, I think it was Alcohol). In any case, it turns out that yes, plain old everyday tools like UltraISO and WinImage with turn out hash-matching ISOs all day long. Hash-matching, meaning they match what MSDN shipped out, and for that matter, every other Microsoft silver I have - and I have quite a few.

If I ever get off my lazy ass, I'll upload these to archive.org.

Hopefully, you may choose to do the same.
  • @02k-guy said:

RTM's... pretty scarce. I believe I have the SR1's already. Ever get around to it?

• @02k-guy said:

But i can't see MS Office 2000 on archive.org

• office2000 have egg.Chinese on cdu write.

I think if you have chinese version office,use lishu and then write hu.you can see chinese name. xD look thishttp://cndos.fam.cx/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15073&fpage=1&highlight=office

• @submix8c said:

@02k-guy said:

RTM's... pretty scarce. I believe I have the SR1's already. Ever get around to it?

Just saw this.. Yeah, torrented these. Also they have been uploaded to archive.org

• In fact, saw them on archive.org- which prompted me to comment here. I'd forgotten all about it. Anyway, these are the real deal.

• Now have several sets of various editions uploaded. All are made from physical media I have purchased. https://archive.org/details/@der_appleseed
  • Running Series, Version 2000: Access, Excel, FrontPage, IE 5.0, Office Premium, Office Pro, Office SBE, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word [English]

Office 2000 Step by Step Interactive, Office 97 Step By Step Interactive [English]

...and more Interactive series for Access, Frontpage, Excel, Word.

Also, Office 2000 Proofing Tools. I've already uploaded one, do not know yet if the SELECT will be newer/older.

In addition, same poster has recently uploaded non English versions of Office 2000, Windows 2000.

These are almost all from Microsoft SELECT CD pressings. The imaging of these CDs is meticulous, be sure to post a positive review.

Below is link to poster's collection. It will not be hard to find.

https://archive.org/details/@tls01
  • edited August 2021
    Um, did you not read the rules of this forum that you agreed to abide by when you joined WinWorld? One of the rules here is not requesting non-abandonware at all (which Office 2000 sadly is).

Sorry to disappoint you, but Office 2000 and later versions of MS Office are not abandonware. But Office 97 (which is similar to Office 2000) and earlier versions of MS Office certainly are, and thus are available for download here. I have reported you to the moderators.
  • No need to bump this old topic with stuff everyone already knows or can search for.

There is no single definition for "abandonware". It's just Winworld that chooses not to host that because we got kicked in the nuts about it. (Plus it's just not all that uncommon. Not to mention Office 2000 sucked balls anyway).
This discussion has been closed.