[OFFER] Norton Antivirus Version 4.0

edited July 2017 in Offers & Requests
Hello :)

I picked up a Norton Antivirus 4.0 CD-ROM at a secondhand store for $5.00. Before I was going to see if anyone wanted to use it *for here* I inserted it in my external CD / DVD reader and it works. Have not tried using in a VM so idk if it works, but it appears on my desktop screen.

Here are the system requirements. (This only supports MS-DOS, Windows 3.1, 95, and NT);

DOS;

MS DOS 5.0 or higher
Intel 80386 DX or higher
4 MB of RAM (8 MB recommended)
9 MB of hard drive space required
CD-ROM drive

Windows 3.1;

Windows 3.1
Intel 80386 DX or higher
4 MB of ram (8 MB recommended)
9 MB or hard drive space required
CD-ROM drive

Windows 95;

IBM PC or 100% compatible
Windows 95
Intel 80386 DX or higher (80486 DX or higher recommended)
8 MB of RAM required (16 MB of ram recommended)
16 MB of hard drive space required
CD-ROM drive

Windows NT;

Windows NT workstation 3.51 or 4.0
Intel CPU
16 MB of RAM required (32 MB of RAM recommended)
CD-ROM drive

If anyone is interested in the ISO file, feel free to leave a reply saying you'd like it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I got the entire set; box, manual, emergency floppy disk boot, etc manuals and stuff.

Comments

• This version doesn't seem to be in the Library, so why not contribute it (along with manual, box, and media scans, etc. if possible)? https://www.winworldpc.com/library/contribute

I think this would make a good addition.
  • Erito17 wrote:
    This version doesn't seem to be in the Library, so why not contribute it (along with manual, box, and media scans, etc. if possible)? https://www.winworldpc.com/library/contribute

Sure! I'll try to upload this with the ISO, and if I can find it, manuals and any other things such as the registration card, coupons, box, etc. Though I can't get the emergency boot floppy disk just because I don't have an external FDD USB controller :(
  • Alixnator wrote:
    Erito17 wrote:
    This version doesn't seem to be in the Library, so why not contribute it (along with manual, box, and media scans, etc. if possible)? https://www.winworldpc.com/library/contribute

Sure! I'll try to upload this with the ISO, and if I can find it, manuals and any other things such as the registration card, coupons, box, etc. Though I can't get the emergency boot floppy disk just because I don't have an external FDD USB controller :(

Ok, the ISO along with any extra photo's has been uploaded. Sorry I couldn't scan the manual or find a PDF file of it on Google. I did test the ISO in an MS-DOS 6.22 virtual machine and it works, all you need to do is load the ISO, then open the .bat file at the root of the ISO and it will tell you to go to whichever file directory and open the setup .EXE depending on your version of Windows / DOS.

:)
  • Alixnator wrote:
    Hello :)

I picked up a Norton Antivirus 4.0 CD-ROM at a secondhand store for $5.00. Before I was going to see if anyone wanted to use it *for here* I inserted it in my external CD / DVD reader and it works. Have not tried using in a VM so idk if it works, but it appears on my desktop screen.

Here are the system requirements. (This only supports MS-DOS, Windows 3.1, 95, and NT);

DOS;

MS DOS 5.0 or higher
    Intel 80386 DX or higher
    4 MB of RAM (8 MB recommended)
    9 MB of hard drive space required
    CD-ROM drive

Windows 3.1;

Windows 3.1
    Intel 80386 DX or higher
    4 MB of ram (8 MB recommended)
    9 MB or hard drive space required
    CD-ROM drive

Windows 95;

IBM PC or 100% compatible
    Windows 95
    Intel 80386 DX or higher (80486 DX or higher recommended)
    8 MB of RAM required (16 MB of ram recommended)
    CD-ROM drive

Windows NT;

Windows NT workstation 3.51 or 4.0
    Intel CPU
    16 MB of RAM required (32 MB of RAM recommended)
    CD-ROM drive

If anyone is interested in the ISO file, feel free to leave a reply saying you'd like it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I got the entire set; box, manual, emergency floppy disk boot, etc manuals and stuff.
    I Interested on that! so please give me the ISO and give me also the Windows 2000 Dell OEM ISO!