Help on memory

13»

Comments

• I posted on random crap to see if anyone wanted to try to guess what happened to cause my machine not to start. It's been over 24 hours now and 15 views and no guesses so:
    As I was manhandling the machine to turn it around and take off the side panel I inadvertently clicked off the power switch. I didn't know I had one and none of my other machines has one. I hadn't even seen one in a long time. As I was examing the back of the machine I saw somethin black beside the power cable and said "What's that" and then reached up and touched it and felt it click. I hit the button and the machine fired right up.
    Oh well.
    Thump
  • Uhhh Thump, could you post your problem again? I can't seem to find it in this thread.
  • Thump wrote:
    I posted on random crap to see if anyone wanted to try to guess what happened to cause my machine not to start. It's been over 24 hours now and 15 views and no guesses so:
    As I was manhandling the machine to turn it around and take off the side panel I inadvertently clicked off the power switch. I didn't know I had one and none of my other machines has one. I hadn't even seen one in a long time. As I was examing the back of the machine I saw somethin black beside the power cable and said "What's that" and then reached up and touched it and felt it click. I hit the button and the machine fired right up.
    Oh well.
    Thump

HAHAHAH!!! THe backup switch on the power supply! Im assuming you have a Microtel Comptuer System! Because me AND my brother BOTH have that switch! That TOTALLY disables the system, even the wake on lan.
  • Yeah, the power button is directed by Bios. And the button on the power supply is totally hardware!
  • Slash wrote:
    Yeah, the power button is directed by Bios. And the button on the power supply is totally hardware!

Yeah, if your talking After Pentium II's and APM.

And FishNET, I seen that on many other PC's.
  • Yeah FishNET3000
    It's my 200 dollar Walmart Microtel.
    The cheapest ticket to a Microtel at Walmart is 248 dollars now except for a barebones. Mine's got a Duron 1.4 gig processor and the 248 one has 1.6. Mine's got a 30 gig hardrive and the 248 one has 40. No other difference I can see.
    Uh Roger I believe the problem came on page 3 and you had already stopped posting to it.
    Thump
  • Slash wrote:
    Yeah, the power button is directed by Bios. And the button on the power supply is totally hardware!

Yeah, if your talking After Pentium II's and APM.

And FishNET, I seen that on many other PC's.

I meant ATX'es.
  • Yeah, ATX is the name!