Windows Longhorn Pre-Reset

Comments

• WOW... Would love to find my key for this. Had the opportunity to Beta Test Longhorn

• @Jamesnmeyer said:
    WOW... Would love to find my key for this. Had the opportunity to Beta Test Longhorn

What build did you Beta Test?

• Actually I beta Tested Windows 64 and didn't get selected for Longhorn. I was running Longhorn Betas but got those from a windows chat I can't seem to recall the name.

• Fun fact: Windows Longhorn 3718 has a diffrent OOBE music.

• @WinCollector said:
    Fun fact: Windows Longhorn 3718 has a diffrent OOBE music.

Yep, it is "No Hay Problema" by Pink Martini.

Also one question, what are the minimum requirements for the pre-reset builds by range? I know 3718 and below still supports the original Penitum (I tried it on PCem and it runs stable although quite slowly and with no sound).

• @Jamesnmeyer said:
    Actually I beta Tested Windows 64 and didn't get selected for Longhorn. I was running Longhorn Betas but got those from a windows chat I can't seem to recall the name.

Oh ,but still VERY INTERESTING!

• Never mind the last question I said, every version of Longhorn up to 4093 works on PCem. The only build that does not work on PCem is 4001 that requires Pentium III that PCem does not support.

• @BF10 said:

@WinCollector said:
    Fun fact: Windows Longhorn 3718 has a diffrent OOBE music.

Yep, it is "No Hay Problema" by Pink Martini.

Also one question, what are the minimum requirements for the pre-reset builds by range? I know 3718 and below still supports the original Penitum (I tried it on PCem and it runs stable although quite slowly and with no sound).

That's because build 3718 was still very similar to Windows Server 2003, which was based on Windows XP, which only required a Pentium-class processor.

• For those who needs it, if you are getting build 4051, do not get the chk versions. These versions are the check/debug versions, which currently has never gotten to work by any user (even Rob Jensen of The Collection Book). It will simply refuse to copy files. The ones without chk is fine.

• why Build 4028 is not here ?

• @example said:
    why Build 4028 is not here ?

WinWorldPC is not complete unlike BetaArchive's FTP. Many builds are missing such as full 4088, 4001, and 4028.

• @BF10 said:

@example said:

WinWorldPC is not complete unlike BetaArchive's FTP. Many builds are missing such as full 4088, 4001, and 4028.

Also Build 3663 is missing

• @example said:

@BF10 said:

@example said:

Also Build 3663 is missing

3663 has not been leaked at all yet.

• this is what i have the F**king BSoD

• @TheCreepy234 said:
    this is what i have the BSoD

You're probably using a SATA drive, which is not supported by any pre-reset Longhorn build. Use IDE hard drive or another VM software.

• Even if not leaked yet, please add the following builds:
    3551, 3663, 3713, 3790 and 4001

and also, builds 4015 and 4039 are NOT bootable. I want them to be bootable

• edited May 2018

Jorge Mendez

https://forum.winworldpc.com/discussion/10297/new-windows-7-8-8-1-10-beta-builds

Look this thread carefully.

You will know why the thread is locked.

• 4015 has a corrupted bootloader, so you might as well start the install from Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

4039 is bootable for me. The only one I hadn't managed to get to boot properly was Server 4028.

• @BF10 said:
    4015 has a corrupted bootloader, so you might as well start the install from Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

4039 is bootable for me. The only one I hadn't managed to get to boot properly was Server 4028.

Tried starting 4015 installation from XP but the install windows button on setup.exe doesn’t click
    Tried with 4008 but copying setup.exe NOT work on drag and drop

• @Jorge Mendez said:

@BF10 said:
    4015 has a corrupted bootloader, so you might as well start the install from Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

Tried starting 4015 installation from XP but the install windows button on setup.exe doesn’t click
    Tried with 4008 but copying setup.exe NOT work on drag and drop

to the virtual machine

• WHY IS IT NOT A .7z FILE BUT A .7z_ FILE?

• Please DON'T LET ENABLED BLOCK MAYUS.

Also, the file you download should not be a ".7z_" , it should be a ".7z" . The most probabe thing is that something in your computer converts the files from ".7z" to ".7z_" . Check what does happen to the file when it ends downloading, also see what happens when you try to open it,

• @RgamesOffical I've seen that a few times too. Just rename it to .7z and it should be fine. It might just be that your downloader is expecting a 3 character extension.

• @RgamesOffical said:
    WHY IS IT NOT A .7z FILE BUT A .7z_ FILE?

The browser you have (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) is expecting a 3 character extension like *.exe, *.zip, or *.bat files. Rename it to *.7z and you can extract it! Alex signing out.

• doesnt start downloading because when i normally click it, it doesnt start odwnload. someone pls make video of tutorial on how to download isos from winworld

• What browser are you using? I'd recommend Chrome or Firefox if you can't download.

1. I'm using Microsoft Edge
    2. Download .7z_ is fine, its just extracting it. Extracting it works fine now that I switched to 7zip.
  • Idk Why It Isnt .ZIP AND IT IS .7Z the reason im mad is because i use 8zip lite and it takes forever to extract a 7z file

• @TheCreepy234 said:
    this is what i have the F**king BSoD

i get a bsod if i try to install

• @unscchief1178 said:

@TheCreepy234 said:
    this is what i have the F**king BSoD

i get a bsod if i try to install

Set the hard drive to IDE, set back your BIOS date, and use older compatibility if running VMWare.