[OFFER] Visio 2000 Professional Edition (basically version 6)

I came across this big box release of Visio 2000 at a Goodwill a while back, and having recently taken to an IBM laptop as a solid Windows 98 machine, I started exploring WinWorld's software. I was thus surprised when I came to the Visio page and saw I had this version that wasn't on the site.

I've copied the ISO from the CD, as well as having the serial key. I also have documents from the box if that's important.

For confirmation, I booted it up and made sure to get a screencap of the "About" prompt, which pretty well confirms it's version 6.

Comments

• Yes, that would be a good one to add. Thanks. For the time being, if you could, upload it somewhere and PM me a link to it. It's nice to have another contribution that came from genuine media.

• edited December 2017

@SomeGuy said:
    Yes, that would be a good one to add. Thanks. For the time being, if you could, upload it somewhere and PM me a link to it. It's nice to have another contribution that came from genuine media.

Isn't Office 2000 banned under your rules? I have a copy of Visio 2K Professional (albeit not from original media, it's a CD made for backup purposes by a relative who owned the software) as well as a serial key. I abstained from offering it due to the "No Office 2000" rule.

Also, some other user offered Visio 2000 a few years ago (https://forum.winworldpc.com/discussion/7975) but got stonewalled by the rule.

• I forgot about that. Visio was never shipped with Office, but they sort of treated it as an "Office" product. Shrug. I dunno.

• @SomeGuy said:
    I forgot about that. Visio was never shipped with Office, but they sort of treated it as an "Office" product. Shrug. I dunno.

Okay then. If you would like another V2K product key, I will PM it to you.

• edited December 2017

It wasn't shipped as a Microsoft Office product, and technically, Visio 2000 was released in 1999, one year before Shapeware / Visio Corp was acquired, and shut down. Visio 2000 would be given a "Service Pack" that updates the software, with Microsoft branding included, but there would not be an official Microsoft Visio release until 2002.

So no, Visio 2000 would not classify as part of the Office 2000 suite that's currently banned. Regardless, it's understandable if it's refused.

• @UltimaXtreme said:
    It wasn't shipped as a Microsoft Office product, and technically, Visio 2000 was released in 1999, one year before Shapeware / Visio Corp was acquired, and shut down. Visio 2000 would be given a "Service Pack" that updates the software, with Microsoft branding included, but there would not be an official Microsoft Visio release until 2002.

Good point. So, any original Visio 2000 release would be accepted, correct? (Since it was still a Shapeware product at the time.)

• edited September 2018

Did you ever get this? I also just stumbled across Visio 2000 Professional here.

I put the ISO up here: https://rushfiles.one/client/publiclink.aspx?id=Xmj4hEuTdm#