Downloads will not work!

The Servers wont work!

Comments

• @Hunterct Please use https://winworldpc.com/download/test to verify that the IP address is the same on both WinWorldPC and the mirrors. Are you by chance on an AT&T connection?

• edited December 2017

Are you by chance on an AT&T connection?

AT&T is notorious for blocking WinWorld servers. I've heard more than a few reports of this-- maybe this is an implication of the repeal of net neutrality?

Politics aside, if you're on an AT&T connection, I would suggest using a proxy of some kind to access WinWorld downloads (but I'm not sure whether the admins would approve of this. Talk to them first).

• My ISP is AT&T and I have no problems with WinWorld servers

• I have two AT&T connections and WinWorld Servers all work fine.

• @dosbox said:
    My ISP is AT&T and I have no problems with WinWorld servers

@whistler2250 said:
    I have two AT&T connections and WinWorld Servers all work fine.

Perhaps it depends on the location you live in and whether you're using your phone's Tethering/Personal Hotspot function? I know that some cell carriers do block sites over Tethering.

(also note that i'm talking about mobile connections, not home broadband)

• @Erito17 said:

@dosbox said:
    My ISP is AT&T and I have no problems with WinWorld servers

@whistler2250 said:
    I have two AT&T connections and WinWorld Servers all work fine.

Perhaps it depends on the location you live in and whether you're using your phone's Tethering/Personal Hotspot function? I know that some cell carriers do block sites over Tethering.

(also note that i'm talking about mobile connections, not home broadband)

Yeah, I was referring to home internet.

• @dosbox said:

Then it's very likely that AT&T blocks WinWorld over mobile networks (but not home internet).

• @Erito17 said:

@dosbox said:

Then it's very likely that AT&T blocks WinWorld over mobile networks (but not home internet).

What's your proof of this?

• There isn't any. My AT&T connection at home doesn't work. My AT&T connection on my phone does. There were two or three people on AT&T that had the problem so people were jumping the gun. I only asked as a way of seeing if that possibly could be the problem.

• There isn't any. My AT&T connection at home doesn't work. My AT&T connection on my phone does. There were two or three people on AT&T that had the problem so people were jumping the gun. I only asked as a way of seeing if that possibly could be the problem.

• The fact is that no ISP blocks WinWorld.

About 99% of these cases is aggressive carrier-level NATing which makes your IP address change between the WinWorld site and the mirrors.

A solution to this might come Soon™, as I’m currently testing a new kind of hotlink protection that doesn’t depend on IP addresses.

• I use a AT&T Homebase and I am getting errors on all 3 servers