QEMU (PowerPC G4 & CPU G3):
Mac OS X DP 1:
"mac os cannot be installed on your computer"
Mac OS X DP 2:
NRAM Error

PearPC:

Mac OS X DP:
Pearpc crashes when mac os x started

Please help me if you have a config file you can give me. I love Mac OS X DP.

Comments

• Please help me because I can't know setup Mac emulator. :/

• Mac OS X DP cannot run on emulators as they are designed to run on very specific model Macs. Sorry but at least you tried. But it said that on the download page. Try running Mac OS Rhapsody on VMware or something.

• I have gotten Mac OS X DP 2-4 and Public Beta installed in qemu, but it is very tricky. This guide is written for macOS, but you should be able to adapt it to whatever your OS is.

• @ubuntuxp said:
    I have gotten Mac OS X DP 2-4 and Public Beta installed in qemu, but it is very tricky. This guide is written for macOS, but you should be able to adapt it to whatever your OS is.

And some one beats the impossible!

• @droem said:
    Mac OS X DP cannot run on emulators as they are designed to run on very specific model Macs. Sorry but at least you tried. But it said that on the download page. Try running Mac OS Rhapsody on VMware or something.

I installed Mac OS Rhapsody on VMWare. But the mouse does not work properly and sometimes it goes somewhere else.

• @MacInTosh said:

@droem said:
    Mac OS X DP cannot run on emulators as they are designed to run on very specific model Macs. Sorry but at least you tried. But it said that on the download page. Try running Mac OS Rhapsody on VMware or something.

I installed Mac OS Rhapsody on VMWare. But the mouse does not work properly and sometimes it goes somewhere else.

You need to sent the mouse up as PS\2 instead of USB in the VM's settings.

• Can emulators (QEMU/PearPC) launch and load Mac OS X Public Beta?

• @MacInTosh said:
    Can emulators (QEMU/PearPC) launch and load Mac OS X Public Beta?

Yes, as long as you set it up correctly. I'd use QEMU if I were you, since PearPC has not been touched in awhile.

• @droem said:

@MacInTosh said:

Yes, as long as you set it up correctly. I'd use QEMU if I were you, since PearPC has not been touched in awhile.

I used ADB Keyboard with G3 Beige Machine. It got an error like an input device.

• @MacInTosh said:

@droem said:

@MacInTosh said:

I used ADB Keyboard with G3 Beige Machine. It got an error like an input device.

This error gets is in OpenBIOS.

• Can Mac OS X Public Beta run on the G4?

• @MacInTosh said:
    Can Mac OS X Public Beta run on the G4?

Depends on what version of the beta is. Example: Mac OS X 10.5 Public Beta. You also need to make sure that whatever beta your using can run on the model of that CPU. Some early betas can only run on specific Mac hardware.

• QEMU recommends G3 CPU. Can I use G3 CPU to work the Public Beta?

• edited April 2018

@MacInTosh said:
    QEMU recommends G3 CPU. Can I use G3 CPU to work the Public Beta?

It all depends on what version of Mac OS X it is.

• @droem said:

@MacInTosh said:

I think it is the most used Mac CPU is G3 in 2000's years. I think Mac OS X Public Beta will %100 work as it is said.

Mac OS 9.1 was booted in QEMU, but the mouse is going to some places (mouse is getting error). If I do this in old QEMU versions, does mouse error fixed?

• @MacInTosh said:

@droem said:

@MacInTosh said:

I think it is the most used Mac CPU is G3 in 2000's years. I think Mac OS X Public Beta will %100 work as it is said.

Mac OS 9.1 was booted in QEMU, but the mouse is going to some places (mouse is getting error). If I do this in old QEMU versions, does mouse error fixed?

The error is usually cause by a incompatible mouse, try changing the mouse setting within the VM settings from USB to PS\2 or Serial. Also even pick a Mac OS 9.1 compatible mouse from eBay or something and see if that works.

• Actually, adb would be better, since real macs would have used them at the time.

• @ubuntuxp said:
    Actually, adb would be better, since real macs would have used them at the time.

But ADB Mouse gives an error in OpenBIOS.

• @MacInTosh said:

@ubuntuxp said:
    Actually, adb would be better, since real macs would have used them at the time.

But ADB Mouse gives an error in OpenBIOS.

Sorry to say, but you might want to get help here:

They might help you better since that forum is all about doing emulation like that

• The Emaculation forum is very old and has a registered user in 2004 (very old). I do not think there's a new message from that forum.

• @MacInTosh said:
    The Emaculation forum is very old and has a registered user in 2004 (very old). I do not think there's a new message from that forum.

You're wrong! Look at this:
    That's me! Do you see the red circles? And did you see the date? Today (April 10 2018) at the 10:31 a.m. and 12:31 p.m.! Do you really think is that place abandoned now? One thing is to have old members, but other is to have an abandoned forum :wink: !

• You also do realize that thisforum is about the same age, too.is
    Here is a example:
    https://forum.winworldpc.com/discussion/3/i-got-red-hat#latest

• OK. But I do not think that Cat_7 will be online. Is it correct?

• edited April 2018

Cat_7 is online (every day or week or so). Look:

Don't think that the picture is from March or so, that's a recent post I found. Go to the same page right now (GMT -6 10:24 a.m.) and you'll see Online in his name

Link: https://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6580&start=50

• Emaculation is a very nice forum I like it! Thanks to the Cat_7!

• @MacInTosh said:
    Emaculation is a very nice forum I like it! Thanks to the Cat_7!

Beware of fancy language and manners. Lol.

• Check the DP topics at emaculation. There's no way to install DP1, but I made DP2-4 up and running on my QEMU.