[OFFER] A semi-English version of IBM embOS [VPC]

Howdy,

You may have already seen the screenshots I took on the embOS archive on the winworldpc page. I have to say this OS has a couple of errors and, yes the language is in German too. So today I bring a** semi** English version of this OS for people that don't speak German or know the German language.

This Semi English version includes the following...

• Quicktime 2.1 by Apple
  • A copy of an English version of Netscape Navigator/Mail/News
  • A copy of an English version of Lotus 1-2-3/Ami Pro/Organizer
  • Calmira 4.0 for easy access to the programs (There is NO program manager for some reason).
  • An English version of the File Manager, Clock, Write, Control Panel, Etc
  • The home-screen pages are in English too (except for the arrows)!
  • NOTICE, THE ERRORS, AND DIALOG MAY STILL BE IN GERMAN BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND A WAY TO FIX THEM!!!

Here are some before/after pictures of the OS

I replaced the EMBOS setting with the Control Panel on the homepage.

I replaced the Display setting with Calmira XP on the homepage because the icon looks more like a desktop, don't you think?

So let me know if your interested and I will post the download link soon!

Comments

• I am interested, looks like you also have spent a lot of time on this. I have the german version now running on a single board pc with a 486/66.

Looks very good.

• @sdose said:
    I am interested, looks like you also have spent a lot of time on this. I have the german version now running on a single board pc with a 486/66.

Looks very good.

@sdose said:
    I am interested, looks like you also have spent a lot of time on this. I have the german version now running on a single board pc with a 486/66.

Looks very good.

OK, and by the way, I have done some research and found out that this OS was for a Commodore Web-IT computer. Anyways, here it is http://www.mediafire.com/file/cfzab5hsoeppbex/EMBOS VM.vhd

• @sdose said:

Looks very good.

So we're there any problems?

• I use it together with borland C++ and total commander for some simple stepper motor stuff in junction with an ISA IO card. Up to now it behaves like normal windows 3.1, no problems.

The only thing i have, i want to start it without a VGA card, this does not work. And due to not having video output I dont know why.

• edited July 2018

@sdose said:
    I use it together with borland C++ and total commander for some simple stepper motor stuff in junction with an ISA IO card. Up to now it behaves like normal windows 3.1, no problems.

The only thing i have, i want to start it without a VGA card, this does not work. And due to not having video output I dont know why.

Does it give you some sort of DOS error went you try removing the display driver in winsetup?

Notice: the printer program will be in German, because the program in English won't start because the printer driver of the HP jet is in German and it has a memory problem too!

I had also did some research found out that this OS was used for the Commodore Web-it computer.

• @Winworldpc Fan 9000 said:

@sdose said:

Looks very good.

@sdose said:

Looks very good.

OK, and by the way, I have done some research and found out that this OS was for a Commodore Web-IT computer. Anyways, here it is http://www.mediafire.com/file/cfzab5hsoeppbex/EMBOS VM.vhd

The link doesn't work. ;(

• @ShermanRetroWindowsFan said:

@Winworldpc Fan 9000 said:

@sdose said:

Looks very good.

@sdose said:

Looks very good.

The link doesn't work. ;(

I repaired it, sorry for the inconvenience in advanced

• I might update this OS