Windows Whistler Beta 1

Comments

• Where's Windows Whistler Advanced Server Build 2493?

• @Silver said:
    Where's Windows Whistler Advanced Server Build 2493?

Only betas for Windows XP. Whistler Server is based on a beta for Windows Server 2003 which isn't placed yet.

• The following builds are missing: 2428, 2430, 2432, and 2433

• @JonathonWyble said:
    The following builds are missing: 2428, 2430, 2432, and 2433

2428 is in there.

• @BF10 Yeah, I just noticed that. Also, I heard that build 2432 has never been leaked, and something about 2430 and 2433. I usually base whether OS betas are real or fake from BetaWiki, a site that has an entire list of builds in pre-releases of Windows operating systems.

• If i use Build 2996 in virtualbox it only is compatible with 2 display modes:640x480x16 and 800x600x16

• edited July 2018

@skinet said:
    If i use Build 2996 in virtualbox it only is compatible with 2 display modes:640x480x16 and 800x600x16

VirtualBox and VMware is not that great with builds below 2419. Use PCem, 86Box, or QEMU to get better display and sound.

• @BF10 said:

@skinet said:
    If i use Build 2996 in virtualbox it only is compatible with 2 display modes:640x480x16 and 800x600x16

VirtualBox and VMware is not that great with builds below 2419. Use PCem, 86Box, or QEMU to get better display and sound.

The problem with PCem is that PCem is very confusing

• @skinet said:

@BF10 said:

@skinet said:

The problem with PCem is that PCem is very confusing

Once you get the roms into the rom folder and set configuration to the high end Pentium, it's easy to run.

• I have Beta 2 in german.

• Once you get the roms into the rom folder and set configuration to the high end Pentium, it's easy to run.

emm yeah but PCem virtual drive dosen't have virtualized space so , the PCem drive space is For example in virtual box a 25GB drive = 250MB and in PCem 25GB virtual drive = 25GB

• edited July 2018

QEMU uses virtualized space once you get it to set up. Also Whistler betas doesn't need more than 8GB unless you want to somehow make it a daily productive environment.

• I tried installing guest additions from Vbox and I rebooted, only to expect a frickin' bsod. Vbox should add beta OS options.

• @AlexThe444thMaker said:
    I tried installing guest additions from Vbox and I rebooted, only to expect a frickin' bsod. Vbox should add beta OS options.

Well not ALL windows versions support Vbox Guest additions (I tested windows 95/ windows 98 and it didn't work), its probably the framework (NT or 9.x) or your not up-to-date with virtualbox.

• @AlbertTheMan said:

@AlexThe444thMaker said:
    I tried installing guest additions from Vbox and I rebooted, only to expect a frickin' bsod. Vbox should add beta OS options.

Well not ALL windows versions support Vbox Guest additions (I tested windows 95/ windows 98 and it didn't work), its probably the framework (NT or 9.x) or your not up-to-date with virtualbox.

Thanks for letting me know.

• @AlexThe444thMaker said:

@AlbertTheMan said:

@AlexThe444thMaker said:

Thanks for letting me know.

thats okay.

• @plangg said:
    I have Beta 2 in german.

Leak plz

• When i was beta testing Good old build 2428. I remember trying to run Firefox setup (Firefox 3 beta?) but it just somehow rebooted the vm. I was on VPC2007

• edited November 2018

help i keep getting a fatal error when i install builds after 2296 the error is about product catalogs not installing or something
    i can easily boot 2296 btw

• @Jakesueldo said:
    Where's Windows Whistler Advanced Server Build 2493?

That build is a beta build for Windows Server 2003, which WinWorld does not host yet. This page is for Windows XP betas only. Also, I don't mean to sound like I'm criticizing, but this question has been asked a year ago by another person, and answered by another person.

• @winworld98 said:
    help i keep getting a fatal error when i install builds after 2296 the error is about product catalogs not installing or something

You need to set the BIOS date before installing to 2000-10-25

• @BF10 said:

@winworld98 said:

how can you do that before you do install?

• edited November 2018

@winworld98 said:

@BF10 said:

@winworld98 said:

What VM software are you using. If real PC or PCem/86Box/VARCem learn how to use the BIOS.

• edited November 2018

@BF10 said:

@winworld98 said:

@BF10 said:

@winworld98 said:

What VM software are you using. If real PC or PCem/86Box/VARCem learn how to use the BIOS.

im using oracle virtualbox
    sorry if im being a pain by the way

• @winworld98 said:

@BF10 said:

@winworld98 said:

@BF10 said:

@winworld98 said:

im using oracle virtualbox
    sorry if im being a pain by the way

Follow the instructions here then install normally. If that doesn't work use PCem.

• @JonathonWyble said:
    The following builds are missing: 2428, 2430, 2432, and 2433

You can find Windows Whistler build 2430. Another website has Windows Whistler 2430. Click here.

• Username: oscollect
    • Password: oscollect

Windows Whistler 2432: Not much is known about this build of Whistler. It remains unleaked.

• What was the last Whistler Version to have the Watercolor theme?

• @LavaLampTech said:
    What was the last Whistler Version to have the Watercolor theme?

The last Whistler build that is known to have Watercolor is 2419.

• I wonder if Windows Whistler Build 2415 is available anywhere, I want to test this build because I want to see the Windows XP Start button with the old Windows logo.

• @BetaTester24 said:
    I wonder if Windows Whistler Build 2415 is available anywhere, I want to test this build because I want to see the Windows XP Start button with the old Windows logo.

2415 is an unleaked build for Windows Whistler/XP. Sorry :/