Microsoft Office 97/98

edited March 2018 in Product Comments

imageMicrosoft Office 97/98

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Works perfectly! Very nice. Thanks to winworldpc.

• I got a question: why did you not go kill that damn paperclip?

• Professional has Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and Bookshelf(?) -
    Standard EXCLUDES Access and Bokkshelf -
    Dev edition has everything Professional plus some SDK stuff -
    idk about Small Business

• @ChesterCarlNiro_pi_pew said:
    I got a question: why did you not go kill that damn paperclip?

Hey! I love clippy.

• edited January 2019

There is some form of an easter egg on the Office 97 professional CD-ROM. In the sounds (/clipart/mmedia) folder, you will find the startup and shutdown sounds of a later iteration of the OS that Windows NT developed out of.

They are titled glide.wav and melorise.wav.

• @win32 said:
    There is some form of an easter egg on the Office 97 professional CD-ROM. In the sounds (/clipart/mmedia) folder, you will find the startup and shutdown sounds of a later iteration of the OS that Windows NT developed out of.

They are titled glide.wav and melorise.wav.

melorise.wav is the OS/2 Warp 4 startup sound, while glide.wav is the OS/2 3.0 shutdown sound.

• Lol i problely going to install it on my XP PC

• It has an excellent built in spell checker and grammar checker. Give it a try.

• i dare you
    watch it all

• Hi All, I have the updated more rarer small business edition of Office 97. The one with about 4 CD's (Disc 1 is the same as before but Disc 2 has publisher 98, and the other two discs are reference discs) - I'll try and upload them for you

• I have the Brazilian version of Office 97 Professional (full ISO). Check it out here: https://forum.winworldpc.com/discussion/12077/offer-ms-office-97-professional-in-brazilian-portuguese.

• Where would one find a key for Office 98?

• i entered 1234-0069420 serial and it worked
  • Hello, Office 98 works in Windows 2000?
  • No, Office 98 is for Macintosh.
  • Microsoft Office 97 Professional Greek:
    https://archive.org/details/OFFP97GR01
  • edited December 2021
    Interestingly... Office 97 keys seem to be normal 95/98/NT Retail keys with a 2 at the end of the site, so any CD Retail key should work as long as it has a 2 in the site (which is the first part of the serial)
    0002-0001337 and 0002-0000007 are valid keys, with the product ID only showing XXXXX-000-0001337-XXXXX

EDIT: 1234 is a valid site but 0004 isnt?????
  • btw, Microsoft Office 97 Professional SR-1 (ISO) is an Upgrade.
  • Are you sure about that? At a glance, it looks like it might be the other way around - they look like both full versions. The SR-1 and SR-1 Upgrade disks do appear identical. But trying to install it, it does not ask for a qualifying product.
  • @SomeGuy I said that because it did ask me for a qualifying product, and yes, I checked my downloads to see if I got the wrong one but I did not.
  • Please add this. Microsoft Office 97 Professional SR-2 [ Korean ] version and SR-1 [ Korean ] Version.

▶ URL : https://forum.winworldpc.com/discussion/13661/offer-microsoft-office-97-professional-sr-2-korean#latest
  • 4667-07777777 (Another code)
    The second part of the code is 0 followed by another number (I think 2 also works)
  • It is probably important to point out that you do not need to use a unique serial number with this product. Unlike "modern" software, it does not phone home and tattle on you. The same is true for most software before 2000 (an exception is networking products that only validate between one another). Believe it or not, back then software automatically sending that kind of information about you back to a company was legally questionable and generally unacceptable. But now days, everyone happily bends over and takes it up the butt.
  • Can someone upload the updates for Office 97 Spanish:
    + Office 97 Service Release 1 (SR-1)
    + Office 97 Service Release 2 (SR-2)
    Greetings to all and I look forward to your response.

Alguna persona puede subir las actualizaciones para Office 97 Español:
    + Office 97 Service Release 1 (SR-1)
    + Office 97 Service Release 2 (SR-2)
    Saludos a todos y espero respuesta.
  • The official updates/downloads were named the same regardless of language. I’ve not checked to see if other than English are easily available, perhaps lurking on an ftp site somewhere.

Office 97 SR 1: sr1off97.exe
    Office 97 SR2b: sr2bof97.exe
  • http://www.gegereka.com/?query=office 97 exe&bank=1

In past, have had good luck using this engine. And it’s been safe to use too.

• one thing to note is that both mac and windows office shipped with office assistants. The windows version defaulted to Clippy while the Mac Busness Unit port created there own default that was a living classic mac named Max (a Macintosh Plus computer)