Your fav X-Window theme / window manager

edited August 2004 in Software
Whats your fav?

Comments

• ::mr. anouncer guy:: 4 votes and the score is 25 to 75 in favor of KDE... hmm.. and no votes for the others yet?
  • Yea, know why? Because Enlighenment is useless and Window Maker is more of a addon then a standalone window manager.
  • And GNOME looks too much like a mac!

KDE has the firmillar[sp] Windows look.
  • ALLRIGHT, WHO VOTED FOR GNOME, SOMEBODY'S ABOUT TO GET THERE ASS KICKED! j/k.

really, who voted for gnome?
  • I voted to GNOME. You can make GNOME look like MacOS or Windows. Depends on how you set it up.
  • i used gnome for a good while... but when kde 3 came out, i really like it, lol
  • KDE 3.1 is great, I've never used KDE 3.2.

-Q

PS. But I'd like to...
  • Q wrote:
    KDE 3.1 is great, I've never used KDE 3.2.

-Q

PS. But I'd like to...

i'm gonna try kde 3.2 on mandrake 9.2 when i get my good pc back up. mandrake dont work good on an 166mhz/64mb ram!

i dont think theres much difference between 3.1 and 3.2 though, ether way kde kicks ass!
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    I voted to GNOME. You can make GNOME look like MacOS or Windows. Depends on how you set it up.

yeah, the nice thing about linux (KDE or GNOME) is that u can make it look almost exactly how u want it!
  • i still yet to try this linux
  • if your brave, download and install Slackware... if your not so brave, try out mandrake
  • Numbers21 wrote:
    if your brave, download and install Slackware... if your not so brave, try out mandrake

can slackware read ntfs partatoins. i know mandrake can and thats one of the reasons i went with it, so i can dual boot win2k/mandrake 9.2, and be able to get my files on the ntfs partation through mandrake and be able to run some windows programs through wine without reinstalling.
  • Yes Slackware can read NTFS but it can not write to a NTFS.
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    Yes Slackware can read NTFS but it can not write to a NTFS.

oh, ok, mandrake can write to ntfs partations.
  • if you recompile the kernel, slackware can write to ntfs can't it?
  • You can download the latest kernel from www.kernel.com or www.kernel.org and recompile your kernel and add support for all sorts of crap that the standard distro kernel you use doesn't support.
  • I'm a fan of KDE myself.

Now if only they made KDE for XP.
  • I'm using KDE right now and it's kinda slow, i found a better X-Manager, it's called Window Maker.
  • For the server, which i use linux on the most, ill take the good olde command prompt.
  • I like Enlitenment for it's 3D desktop!
    ~Slash & Nemo
  • Do not listen to Slash that I like Enlitenment. My fav is KDE for its stability at work, unlike windows xp.
  • what about *box
  • Is that Ridgeback I see?

Anyway, I'm not a linux person. So I don't have a favorite.
  • Hmm... you mean that you never used Linux??
  • I've used it. But I'm not a person who likes it.
  • Command prompt!! thats what i do in Linux... Writing commands.

//Mr.Mac
  • xfce and bash
  • Gnome, it's a lot easier on resources than KDE. Although I am a fan of the command line...too bad Arachne for linux is currently so sucky, otherwise I could do entirely without X.