WordPerfect 5.1 (DOS)

edited July 2019 in Product Comments

imageWordPerfect 5.1 (DOS)

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Has been the better word processor I have been used ever!! still today I miss some features on the more "modern" processors.

• Does anyone have, by chance, a German Version, or at least the German spell check dictionary for Wp 5.1? I love WP to the date, and write on it quite regularly. The WP documents are easily converted into Docx. Version 5.1 struggles a lot with EMS memory, unfortunately, at least on my Amstrad XT.
  • @Opus7 - Under WordPerfect Office 7.x win https://winworldpc.com/product/wordperfect/7x-win there is a language module CD.

It has dictionaries for all the most common languages for all versions of WordPerfect from DOS 5.1 to 7.0 for Windows 3.1.
  • @opus7, the folks over at WPUniverse.com may be able to help you. Ed, Barry, Roy, Noal, and the others who keep that support forum active provide great suggestions and solutions. You may have a better chance at finding what you are looking for since that site focuses exclusively on WordPerfect.