Windows Longhorn Pre-Reset

Comments

• @Fa397bio said:

@Andre Morales said:
    I have seen that these betas work with very old versions of VMware Tools (like 4.5.3 to 5.5.9). Its functions inside the machine give good results.

And Where do i get these VERY OLD VERSIONS OF VMWARE TOOLS?

Look here: https://thecollectionbook.info/information/downloads/

• edited May 2019

@WildSkinnyWhiteBoi said:
    wheres, 3706, 3713, 4001, 4084 and 4088.

WWPC's collection is not as complete as BA FTP.

I'm using longhorn 4093 on pentium iii pc, shit.

What do you mean by "shit"? Do you mean that the experience is bad?

and Longhorn 5112 May Work on pentium iii pc with 512 mb of ram.

No, you need at least 1GB of RAM to run 5112 and above stable. 512MB is the minimum for 5112-6000.

• edited June 2019

@Jorge Mendez said:
    Even if not leaked yet, please add the following builds:
    3551, 3663, 3713, 3790 and 4001

and also, builds 4015 and 4039 are NOT bootable. I want them to be bootable

...you surely don't know the meaning of "leaked" do you?

@TheCreepy234 said:
    this is what i have the F**king BSoD

Please provide information; error code, build, VM software and specs of your VM.

• Can anyone tell me how to fix this error when I try to install Windows Longhorn build 4051 on actual hardware?

The file WinSetup.dll is not loaded or corrupt. Setup cannot continue.

• @BF10 said:

@unscchief1178 said:

@TheCreepy234 said:

i get a bsod if i try to install

Set the hard drive to IDE, set back your BIOS date, and use older compatibility if running VMWare.

The reasons:
    1)Because Windows Longhorn is based out of XP,the installers don't like SCSI/SATA.
    2)If you install Windows Longhorn without setting the BIOS date,the OS will send you to the logon screen.
    3)I don't know why older compatibility on VMware is needed,so I have nothing to say about it.

• @Missileboi said:
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this error when I try to install Windows Longhorn build 4051 on actual hardware?

Are you using the chk version?

• @Windows 2000 said:

@Missileboi said:
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this error when I try to install Windows Longhorn build 4051 on actual hardware?

Are you using the chk version?

I think no,but I will re-download it.

• Do NOT use the chk version. It is broken.

• Can anyone tell me how to fix this error when I try to install Windows Longhorn build 4074 on actual hardware?

NTDETECT failed

• @Windows 2000 said:
    Do NOT use the chk version. It is broken.

And then why does WinWorld have a chk version?

• Someone DID get the chk version working, but I can’t remember how. The only difference is that the chk versions are debug builds.

• @Missileboi said:

@BF10 said:

@unscchief1178 said:

@TheCreepy234 said:

i get a bsod if i try to install

Set the hard drive to IDE, set back your BIOS date, and use older compatibility if running VMWare.

The reasons:
    1)Because Windows Longhorn is based out of XP,the installers don't like SCSI/SATA.
    2)If you install Windows Longhorn without setting the BIOS date,the OS will send you to the logon screen.
    3)I don't know why older compatibility on VMware is needed,so I have nothing to say about it.

You need older compatibility to make it easier to install the builds, and it can also help even get DCE and Aero effects on some builds.

@robobox said:
    Someone DID get the chk version working, but I can’t remember how. The only difference is that the chk versions are debug builds.

AFAIK someone on the BetaArchive Discord managed to get the x64 build to install, but it requires editing setup files and requires an AMD processor.

• The first prerelease is corrupted. I only get a BSOD whenever I try to boot it up.

• edited July 2019

@Nikysonrie said:
    The first prerelease is corrupted. I only get a BSOD whenever I try to boot it up.

The first pre-release (3683) is fine, you just need to set your bios date to 23rd September 2002.

• Anyone who wants Windows Longhorn build 4001 here's the link: https://mega.nz/#!NgV2yByA!_BGRuDccolft8vhXKvuv9NlFTWnScxV-YzWCIf9mP-c

• @TheCreepy234 said:

Please provide information(build,real hardware or VM,virtualization program,specs of your VM or real PC,compatibility mode(if running VMware)).

• @Jorge Mendez said:
    Even if not leaked yet, please add the following builds:
    3551, 3663, 3713, 3790 and 4001

and also, builds 4015 and 4039 are NOT bootable. I want them to be bootable

1)3551 doesn't exist
    2)4001 can be found by this link:https://mega.nz/#!NgV2yByA!_BGRuDccolft8vhXKvuv9NlFTWnScxV-YzWCIf9mP-c
    3)4015 has NTLDR corrupted,so you have to start it manually from Windows Longhorn build 4011.
    4)Build 4039 is bootable.

• @Nikysonrie said:
    The first prerelease is corrupted. I only get a BSOD whenever I try to boot it up.

It's not corrupted, probably you didn't do some tinkering with VM's config like I did.

• @Nikysonrie said:

Please provide information like:stop code, real hardware or VM, what settings did you applied to your VM or PC.

• @example said:

@BF10 said:

@example said:
    why Build 4028 is not here ?

WinWorldPC is not complete unlike BetaArchive's FTP. Many builds are missing such as full 4088, 4001, and 4028.

Also Build 3663 is missing

Build 3663 has not been publicly confirmed that it does exist.

• @BF10 said:
    4015 has a corrupted bootloader, so you might as well start the install from Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

4039 is bootable for me. The only one I hadn't managed to get to boot properly was Server 4028.

Do you have a link for Server 4028? Because I want to try it.

• @unscchief1178 said:
    Idk Why It Isnt .ZIP AND IT IS .7Z the reason im mad is because i use 8zip lite and it takes forever to extract a 7z file

Use 7zip. It’s very good.

• edited August 2019

I can use Nvidia 337.88 Version Windows Longhorn 3xxx and 4xxx?

• @Missileboi said:

@BF10 said:
    4015 has a corrupted bootloader, so you might as well start the install from Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

4039 is bootable for me. The only one I hadn't managed to get to boot properly was Server 4028.

Do you have a link for Server 4028? Because I want to try it.

Nevermind, I found it.

• Can someone rename Longhorn 4066? It's a beta of Server 2008, according to TCB and MediaWiki.

• @vlad557776 said:
    Can someone rename Longhorn 4066? It's a beta of Server 2008, according to TCB and MediaWiki.

I can’t, sorry.

• 7 zip never lets me Extract a file An never Does Anything right. Just use WinRAR I dont care about the its not free popups. its just better than 7 zip

• How am I supposed to install any of these without a product key? Trying to install 3683 and am stuck without a key.. Been searching for 20 minutes.

• Product key for Longhorn 3683:

CKY24-Q8QRH-X3KMR-C6BCY-T847Y

• @jlj945 said:
    How am I supposed to install any of these without a product key? Trying to install 3683 and am stuck without a key.. Been searching for 20 minutes.

It might be included with the 7z file.