OS/2 1.x 1.3

edited June 2019 in Product Comments

imageOS/2 1.x 1.3

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• If you really want to install this, use 86box/pcem/varcem.

• VistaFan6002, you can install it on VirtualBox. I did it with no problems.

• It installs fine in virtualbox. Just make sure to use only 16 MB of RAM and a 500 MB hard disk. Also, make sure to select 1.30.1 or 1.30.2, as those will handle newer processors.

• I have every version of OS/2 (Both IBM and MS) on VirtualBox. Not only 1.30.1/1.30.2. Even 1.0.

• edited April 2020

OS/2 1.30.1 is working really fine on Virtualbox, thanks to the linked tutorial.

• The last one... Its filename states it'sSwedish; however the corresponding language column states English.
  • Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • I remember this version well.. first time I'd used remote console / remote management (a product called 'Decaff') also this version included a full range of print drivers so all our OS/2 print spoolers worked again :smile:
  • I've been playing with IBM 1.30.2 Standard Edition and Word 1.1B and Excel 3.0 crash with Trap D in a system call but work fine on 1.30.0. Is this just me, expected, or is there something wrong with the dump?
  • My 286-20 gives Trap D during install diskette boot unless I disable turbo. I need to keep turbo disabled throughout the installation and whenever I want to run the installed OS. Tried 1.30.1 and 1.30.2, and replaced BASEDD01.SYS with that from the service pack ISO. Nothing seems to help.

Anyone gotten past this?