DirectX 3.0a

edited April 2004 in Site Issues
Can I request DirectX 3.0a?

DirectX 3.0a is the last version of DirectX available for Windows NT 4.0. Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't provide it (and support for it) anymore.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• We don't have that immediately on hand, but we will search for it.

Thanks,

-Q

PS. I will post when we have found it
  • I am sorry for interrupting your search, but after looking for a while, I have found what I am looking for (DirectX 3.0a). I have also found unofficial version of DirectX 5 that can be installed on Windows NT 4.0 (Actually, official DirectX 5 can only be installed in Windows 95 and later versions).

DirectX 3.0a (the last official version of DirectX supported under Windows NT 4.0) can be downloaded from the following URL:
    - ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/demos/pc/dirx3a.exe (6130 KB)

Unofficial DirectX 5 for Windows NT 4.0 can be downloaded from the following URL:
    - http://www.serassio.it/download/NT4dx5.exe (2143 KB)
    With unofficial version of DirectX 5, it is said that you can play many games you can't previously play (with DirectX 3.0a).

I think these would be a great addition for Windows NT 4.0, which is already provided in your site, and therefore I recommend you to add these downloads to your site.

Thank you.
  • Thanks for the links "dot", DirectX 3.0a and unoffical 5 will be added during the next update.
  • Thanks for the info!

We've added both to the apps section.

-Q
  • I have DirectX 5. It can be installed on Windows 95 (I didn`t tried to install it on Windows NT). If you need it, please write.
  • Alright, why not?

-Q