Power Mac 4400/200 startup problems

edited April 2005 in Hardware
I recently got a Power Macintosh 4400/200, but when I try to start it, it's totally dead. Nothing happens and no light goes on. When I plug the power, and listen carefully, I hear a light buzz from the transformer. Maybe I should add I don't have any monitor, I just want to get it working and then buy a monitor. I'm not very experienced with macs and maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've tried to press the power button on the keyboard and the power button on the front of the computer.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Firstly, check the power cable connecting the Mac's PSU (Power Supply) to the mains. If replacing, or adjusting it has no effect, then the power supply may be faulty. As I don't have any experience with Apple Macs, I can't say for sure what the problem may be. At worst, the motherboard (the main board, which everything in the Mac is attached to) could be broken, but that's unlikely. So, if it still won't turn on, get it seen to by an expert on Macs (which I am not).
  • I finally got I working! I looked a lot on the net before I posted, but now I found a site with troubleshooting instructions. On a site, there was a picture of some sort of strange reset button or something inside the computer. I opened the case, pressed it and now it works perfectly! This sounds very strange, but trust me, it worked.
  • @Se[BBB]e said:
    I finally got I working! I looked a lot on the net before I posted, but now I found a site with troubleshooting instructions. On a site, there was a picture of some sort of strange reset button or something inside the computer. I opened the case, pressed it and now it works perfectly! This sounds very strange, but trust me, it worked.

you could have posted the link to the site you mentioned... but you didn't. So I'm going to ask: do you have the link for that website? I'm experiencing a similar problem with a PowerMac 4400/200.

• That user has not been around since 2005, and it's not likely a link from 2005 would still be good.