Microsoft Mail 2.1

edited October 2020 in Product Comments

imageMicrosoft Mail 2.1

There were two distinct "Microsoft Mail" products. One for AppleTalk Networks, and one for PC Networks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• How do i get this to work?
  • Yeah, getting this to work is unfortunately non-obvious. The setup program should create the database, and you can point the admin program at the database by using the "-d" command line switch, but when asked for the database name it doesn't accept the name given to the database during setup. Not sure how to get any further than that.
  • Obviously I got it to run at some point, but I don't remember exactly how. I do recall it was a headache. I MAY have used Microsoft Mail with WFWG to create the post office. I also MAY have futzed with the the mailbox drive/directory locations such as using SUBST or placing it on it's own hard drive to make it look like a network drive. I did not use actual networking.

This is why we need manual scans.
  • I've found a video on YouTube that skims over the install process. I haven't tried it again myself, but he briefly shows on screen the command line switches needed to create the post office. Might be useful for anyone wanting to setup this version: