Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0

edited January 2018 in Product Comments

Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Here misses VS6 Spanish Enterprise...

• I have 6 CD's here of VS 6.0 Enterprise (including the 3 MSDN discs too) if anyone is interested?
  • Disk 2 from VS Pro 6.0 is cut almost by half. Its length is 186578 sectors, but only 97280 sectors are present.
  • Thanks for pointing that out. I've uploaded a corrected copy, please give that a try.
  • Thanks! Now everything seems great. A bit overdumped, but it doesn't matter since the contents are ok.
  • It appears that these downloads are for 32 bit machines. I think this means that they would not work on 64 bit machines or operating systems. Is there a version of this software that would work with Windows 7 or later?
  • Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 were all available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Visual Studio 6 should run on all of these, unless you encounter any 16-bit Windows 3.1 stuff, as the 64-bit versions omitted 16-bit support.
  • Thanks! Yes I discovered this myself after a bit of research. Had trouble with installation on a Windows 10 machine, but found help with an excellent article at https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1191047/Install-Visual-Studio-on-Windows. Instructions had issue on step 3, but used "troubleshoot compatibility" on Setup.exe pop-up menu (instead of properties). This winworld site is great! Keep up the good work!
  • Does this work on Windows NT 4 and 2000?
  • Visual Studio 6.0 is DESIGNED for NT 4 and 2000.
  • didn't this also use to host 2005 ? or am I dreaming and just got that from archive.org ?