Microsoft Access 2.0

edited September 2021 in Product Comments

imageMicrosoft Access 2.0

Microsoft Access is a powerful and friendly desktop database. You can design complex tables, forms, and reports through selection and drag-and drop. You can make a fully usable interactive database application without a line of code, but for more advanced functionality it supports built-in Visual Basic for Applications. It is also bundled with some versions of Microsoft Office

Read the full story here

Comments

• Can anyone get this title to work? I keep getting a "Couldn't find file 'C:\ACCESS\SYSTEM.MDA'." error. So I used the MS Access Workgroup Administrator program, but this also produces a -1811 error when it tries to save a new workgroup file. Joining the existing SYSTEM.MDA workgroup file does not work either. Puzzling.
  • You probably didn't reboot after installing, like you were supposed to.

That error means that share.exe or vshare.386 is not loaded. Access 2.0 installs vshare.386, but not before it tries to set up the workgroup database.

If rebooting does not let you create the MDA file, then exit to dos and manually run share.exe, then launch windows 3.1.

If neither share.exe nor vshare.386 work, then you probably have something screwy with your file system, such as not running from a normal FAT16 drive.

Note that Windows 95 or later or NT do not need share.exe or vshare.386.
  • Okay I solved the issue. I'm running this in DOSBox-X with Windows 3.1. The emulator's resident DOS was running, not the installed DOS 6.22 on my disk image. So I made the emulator boot from the image, and voila! the Workgroup Administrator works correctly now. So does Access 2.0.
  • After 1.0 installation I get an error that my table is locked in system.mda. After 2.0 installation I get an error -1320 that cannot create system.mda. There is no help for these issues that I can find any longer.
  • Microsoft Access 2.0 [Dutch] (3.5-1.44mb) is actually French!
  • Thank you very much for noticing that and pointing that out. The disks are identical to the french download, so I just removed it. It seems BetaArchive has the same problem.
  • They have iirc a proper Dutch version of MS Access 2.00
    The only problem with it - images are restored from folder dumps and all file dates were screwed.

Anyway if you want to take a look at it, here it is:
    https://disk.yandex.ru/d/MhYZjEcsSBT0sQ