Windows NT 3.x 3.5

edited December 2019 in Product Comments

imageWindows NT 3.x 3.5

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• please upload korean windows nt 3.5 workstation and server

• The source code of build 782 has leaked. I'm not going to link directly to it due to its sensitive nature but it's on an "archive" site.

• @win32 said:
    The source code of build 782 has leaked. I'm not going to link directly to it due to its sensitive nature but it's on an "archive" site.

Yup, but the problem is compiling it.

• It was determined that build 854 is a very early build of 3.51, because of its features that are similar to build 896 (not available here). This happened after the leak of build 896.
  • This was further confirmed when build 889 leaked with the same feature set.
  • Apparently, NT 3.5 PPC is not supposed to exist:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100604082534/http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winserver2k3_gold1.asp

"Windows NT 3.51 was dubbed the Power PC release, because it was designed around the Power PC version of NT, which was originally supposed to ship in version 3.5. But IBM constantly delayed the Power PC chips, necessitating a separate NT release. "NT 3.51 was a very unrewarding release," Thompson said, contrasting it with Daytona. "After Daytona was completed, we basically sat around for 9 months fixing bugs while we waited for IBM to finish the Power PC hardware. But because of this, NT 3.51 was a solid release, and our customers loved it." NT 3.51 eventually shipped in May 1995."
  • Well, the IBM OEM release sure seems to exist.
  • wanted: floppy disks

• NT 3.5 Server doesnt have a floppy disk so medium is unusable
  • You could always create your own for installation.
    Real issue with 3.5 Server ISO is that it also has modified files SETUP.IN_ and INITIAL.IN_ like it was recently discussed on NT 3.1 page. Is there any chance to have unmodified ISO?
  • How do I install the Power PC version in QEMU?
  • bootcamp should have existed early because windows was also on the PPC platform. (lol)
  • edited January 1
    doesn't work!
    says "setup is unable to locate the hard drive" even though its partitioned and formatted with ms-dos 6.22 floppy
    (3.50.807)
    but it happens only on 0:0
    on 1:0 it gives a bsod with kmode exception not handled
  • @Then_What58

It works fine for me (in 86Box).