recording software

Comments

• I love plain keyboards. Not with those junk buttons they come with today.
  • they're not bad. the volume control comes in useful
  • Yea, Volume Control, especially on Macs, is great. Those POOR 'easy access' keys that Crapaqs like to have suck.

-Q
  • only problem is on my logitech the standby key is right to the FN key . the amount of times that i've hibernated my comp for no reason!
  • BOD wrote:
    only problem is on my logitech the standby key is right to the FN key . the amount of times that i've hibernated my comp for no reason!

Disable teh keyz!!111
  • yeah but then i jave to clik shutdown then hibernate or reach down to my pc and press the button if i'm in a rush thats inconvient
  • Back to the topic for me then... :cool: I
  • Naaa... stick to the Kebab... (drool)

What's with you and the Kebabs? Have I messed something?

-Q
  • I think they're sausages.
  • BOD wrote:
    i have a logitech mouse i'm usin it right now its eleven years old!!
    (drool) What model?
  • m-m27
  • Is the mouse holding up good? or is it working like krap for 11 years old?
  • I got this old fucken Logitech mouse.

Has that gay old arch design. Works better than the memorex mouse though. I tossed them in a box with AT keyboards.
  • Hrm...on the topic of recording software...I use goldwave for a lot of my audio things, it can convert from a few formats to a few formats, it can rip cd audio as wav and mp3. I also have a program called Total Recorder, it records from your sound card, I've used it to record midi's from the soundcard, and turn around and save them as wave/mp3. It can record from any part of your sound card.

On the topic of dell's. Shut the hell up!
    The computers themselves are great, mine hasn't give me any problems. Sure they come pre-installed with tons of shit (I almost cried when I saw the burner program, it was a circle that said copy and a few other things....). After a format the computers are really nice machines. Besides, who actually keeps an OEM machine all OEMish? They give you every fricken cd for the programs they have so format the sucker and re-install only what you want.
  • yeah it still works
  • OEMs have a tendency to make and use nonstandard parts, hence they suck.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    OEMs have a tendency to make and use nonstandard parts, hence they suck.

-Q

Ya, crapaq.JPG is the worst at that.

Hardly any standard parts work with their shit.
  • Use skycahe for image hosting when it's available. Never has a problem being linked in.

I agree, some Compaq stuff can be pretty shitty.
  • UGH! The old Crapaq 486s Deskpros were unstandardised S--T! Pure and simple S--T! I think of all the parts, the EISA cards, the memory, the processor, the and the HDs were standard, the rest was Crapaq special!

-Q
  • *looks across at newer deskpro*
    *wonders what will come of it*
  • Get got marginally better afterwards, but to this day efficent case design is a closed book to them.

-Q
  • Well, I like that they're tooless to open the case.
  • Q wrote:
    UGH! The old Crapaq 486s Deskpros were unstandardised S--T! Pure and simple S--T! I think of all the parts, the EISA cards, the memory, the processor, the and the HDs were standard, the rest was Crapaq special!

-Q

They all use std. shit.

RAM -WTF? All mine fitted EDO and SDR just fine
    CPU - WTF? They use Socket5, Socket7, Slot1, etc just like all others
    HD's - Ive gotta LOTS of HD's to work. I even got a 20GB in a Deskpro 4000 whic dead and had an 80GB in my Deskpro EN which was replacaed by a 10GB and some 3GB's
    EISA - EISA was backwards compatable with ISA
  • PS: EISA was only on the 486 and early Pentiums, but they came in a combo with PCI
  • Once again, READ BEFORE YOU POST. I explicitly said that those things (cards, mem, proc, HDs) were STANDARD.The rest was s--t.

And I have NEVER seen a 486 with Slot1.

-Q
  • Never said that they used Slot1
  • You insinuated it. I was talking about Compaq 486 Deskpros, incase you forgot to read what I said again.

-Q
  • ahhhhh

Didnt the Deskpro XL use ATX? I got one and it looks alot like one
  • The Deskpro 486s I'm thinking of used Crapaq prop. MBs.

-Q