Is this worth get getting?

2»

Comments

• It should be 133mhz.
  • I got 128Mb in my 233MMX, its flys on NT4, but I put 98 on it due to NT4 not supporting MMX fully

Sometimes OEM makers lie. Like my 400MHz has 3 DIMM sockets and they say 384Mb is the max using 128 * 3 DIMMs. put in a 256Mb DIMM and 2 64Mb DIMMs wondering "Hmm...I got past the 128M DIMM limit, lets see if I can get past the 384Mb limit. I had another 128Mb DIMM, but it was PC66, I had PC100 in it. I put in the old 266MHz CPU to I could use PC66, and I got it to go to 448Mb using a 64M, 128M, and 256M stick
  • Yeah same with my Pentium 2.
  • So a P4 wouldn't be able to use PC100 SDRAM?
  • A P4 can use PC100 SDRAM.
  • SSH - You may be able to tell your BIOS what speed to run it at, but some will run it at a fixed speed. Again, Im just assuming its 133MHz because a 1.7GHz would most likely use PC133.

If you have PC133, itl overclick itself from PC100 to PC133
  • I just explained to Jim that no matter how good his vide ocard is, his LCD monitors not going to a higher resolution than its at LOL, THATS why he wanted a new card!
  • LMAO

Even the most shittyass cards can do 1280x1024.

I got this POS ATI AGP2 4MB card in my 300MHz and itll do 1280x1024

LCD's arent at they're fullest yet. They dont go very high in resalutions
  • SSH - You may be able to tell your BIOS what speed to run it at, but some will run it at a fixed speed. Again, Im just assuming its 133MHz because a 1.7GHz would most likely use PC133.

If you have PC133, itl overclick itself from PC100 to PC133

Yea... I know the one that came with it most likely is PC133, but I'm not sure about the one I put in. 256 most likely would be PC133.
  • Not really

I got a 256Mb stick of PC100

I got a 128Mb stick of PC66, well....PC66 was used up until 333MHz
  • I just explained to Jim that no matter how good his vide ocard is, his LCD monitors not going to a higher resolution than its at LOL, THATS why he wanted a new card!

wrong...i listed the reasons earlier in this thread...screen resolution was just one reason. read fish.
  • Not really

I got a 256Mb stick of PC100

I got a 128Mb stick of PC66, well....PC66 was used up until 333MHz

I'll have to check sometime....
  • How can you tell?

Well, if it doesnt say on the side, your fucked

PC100 will OC to PC133 very easily, if its PC66, you can tell ;-)
  • You know the old Amiga computers can hold up to 1GB of memory. Sadly theres not enough 72pin or 30pin memory slots. Although you could fill up all of rhe expantion slots with memory expantion cards.

I have a old biostar 386 mobo that has a built in AMD 386 CPU that runs at 40MHz and it can hold up to 32MB of memory. The mobo has 8 30pin simm slots. Also the mobo has a socket for adding a faster 386 CPU, I currently have a AMD 386 that runs at 66MHz on it.

The sadiest mobo I have and seen is a unkown 486 mobo that has a TI 486 SL at 33MHz and can only use upto 16MB of ram. It has a socket for a 387 and the CPU can't be upgraded.
  • How can you tell?

No hardware apps will tell?
  • How can you tell?

No hardware apps will tell?

The RAM will run at whatever you tell it to.

You cant tell the actual speed unless it says on the chip. You could somehting like HWInfo and lok at the model number. Like, when I used itll said the make and speed
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    You know the old Amiga computers can hold up to 1GB of memory. Sadly theres not enough 72pin or 30pin memory slots. Although you could fill up all of rhe expantion slots with memory expantion cards.

I have a old biostar 386 mobo that has a built in AMD 386 CPU that runs at 40MHz and it can hold up to 32MB of memory. The mobo has 8 30pin simm slots. Also the mobo has a socket for adding a faster 386 CPU, I currently have a AMD 386 that runs at 66MHz on it.

The sadiest mobo I have and seen is a unkown 486 mobo that has a TI 486 SL at 33MHz and can only use upto 16MB of ram. It has a socket for a 387 and the CPU can't be upgraded.

HOw many slots were there in the Amiga?
  • Let's not get support threads off topic.

-Q
  • I think a new video card would be benifical for me...I then would start to play some new games possibly.

But I definatly want another stick of RAM first.
  • Sounds like a plan. I'm staying with the 512 in my P4 1.7 until May or June to see if I want to get a new system or upgrade that one.