neptune

edited November 2004 in Site Issues
I have Windows neptune build 5111

Comments

• Neptune is not considered abandonware. It is a beta.

Once Windows 2000 becomes ABW, Im sure WW will have Neptune
  • I don't know alot about MS Win betas, what is Neptune?
  • It was started after 2000, MS was going to make it "Windows 2000 for home", but they chose Whistler instead and made XP
  • dorfd1 wrote:
    I have Windows neptune build 5111

I could dig a copy of it.
  • But he already has it
  • But he already has it

he must have miss read and thought he was asking for it
  • On what kernel Neptune is based? 9x or NT?
  • Its a beta of 2000.
  • I've always thought NT 5.0 was a beta of 2000. And neptune has version NT 5.01. Maybe it's a beta of XP?
  • NT 5.0 IS 2000. The beta of XP (Which is NT 5.1) was Whistler.
  • But why Neptune was released AFTER 2000?
  • As far as I know, win2000 was released in late 1999, and Neptune - in early 2000.
  • It was started after 2000, MS was going to make it "Windows 2000 for home", but they chose Whistler instead and made XP

I think that explains it.
  • I'd REALLY like to know where I can find Windows Neptune.

If someone could PM me...? Please?

EDIT: Yes, I read the whole topic.
  • You'd have luck over at OS Beta Archive. osbetaarchive.com
  • Heh... neptune I think is very easy to find... I think you can get it on OsBeta sites, etc...
  • Hrm, people (who I think are n00bs) talk about having 2000 home edition their computers.... If this beta never became a finalized product, they can't possibly have it, as they aren't smart enough to get the beta.
  • Sure. I agree with you.
  • People always think Windows ME is 2000, or that they are the same thing. And if asked if they have win2k, they think they do, but really they just have ME. Interestingly, the CD cover of WinME says "the home version of the world's favorite software". Home version is emphasised! Also Win2k starts at Professional, but of course there's not ME Pro.