Anti-XP Coalition!

edited August 2004 in Software
In Omsk there are a lot of people, who hate Windows XP. It's not wonderfull! XP Sucks! IE6 Sucks! I caught 20 viruses from our network, using Windows NT 4.0 from lamers who used WinXP, and through the holes in IE6 the viruses are spreaden.

Do you STILL like XP?

Comments

• I like XP but I use a firewall and antivirus, I have the antivirus scan every 24 hours.

Yes I do agree IE sucks.
  • xp is allright, but ie sucks (all versions), and i still like 2000 better.
  • XP is a good operating system. But if it didn't have IE6, it would be better. Yeah 2000 is still better.
  • Nomo should be crazzy to post his opinion about XP here...
  • Nemo wrote:
    In Omsk there are a lot of people, who hate Windows XP. It's not wonderfull! XP Sucks! IE6 Sucks! I caught 20 viruses from our network, using Windows NT 4.0 from lamers who used WinXP, and through the holes in IE6 the viruses are spreaden.

Do you STILL like XP?

Ive noticed based on your signature that your computer isnt near todays standards, therefore, running XP on it will suck. Mine runs XP with no problems, and is running this forum now. XP is just 2000 with some extra things that you can turn off like I do.

IE on the other hand, sucks ass.
  • I hate XP. Even if you turn off all of the eyecandy and such it still eats a big chunk of your memory. The XP firewall can't be controled so it basicly blocks everything. The RPC is way unstable, a friend of mine bought a new PC that surpasses my current system and he bought a legit copy of XP and when he installed it and ran it for the first time the RPC service would crash non-stop. I even tryed it and it crashes non-stop. Finaly got it working but for some odd reason it would run like shit when he ran a video game like Ever Quest or Diablo2. I took off XP and installed Windows 2000 Pro and it runs great on his system. Also XP lacks in the use for NetBEUI. It's on the CD but MS shouldn't of tryed to hide it.
  • yeah, 2k is far better. Some ppl say that you can turn XP in 2k by disabling all useless crap.
    Isn't it easier just to install 2k then?
    And Windows Server 2003, you can turn it into worktation and it'll be better than XP.
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    I hate XP. Even if you turn off all of the eyecandy and such it still eats a big chunk of your memory. The XP firewall can't be controled so it basicly blocks everything. The RPC is way unstable, a friend of mine bought a new PC that surpasses my current system and he bought a legit copy of XP and when he installed it and ran it for the first time the RPC service would crash non-stop. I even tryed it and it crashes non-stop. Finaly got it working but for some odd reason it would run like shit when he ran a video game like Ever Quest or Diablo2. I took off XP and installed Windows 2000 Pro and it runs great on his system. Also XP lacks in the use for NetBEUI. It's on the CD but MS shouldn't of tryed to hide it.

It dosent use much more RAM than 2000.... The XP firewall is very simple to configure, especially in SP2. The RPC is also unstable in 2000, which is why it can get blaster. I play Counter-Strike, Enemy Territory, Deus Ex, etc with no problems, and NetBEUI is ANCIENT< noone needs / uses it anymore.
  • lol windows is a nescary evil....
  • Ive noticed based on your signature that your computer isnt near todays standards, therefore, running XP on it will suck.

like it did on your 100mhz fish?
  • its always fish and IBM that moan at me for runnin XP on this...
  • Thats definately too slow for XP, especially the 128MB of RAM part, thats really slow LOL
  • do you ever stop??

i expect it to be slow so when it is it doesnt bother me

anyway im kinda stuck with it now
  • I'd better use 2k then. And what can I say... 2k is not the same as XP. Early alpha versions of XP (Neptune) were based on 9x kernel, like Windows ME. And 2000 always was NT, even in its very early alpha versions it was NT 5.0.
  • And another thing about XP... If you want a beautiful interface, high speed, better security, please DO NOT install Windows XP. The best for you is Windows Server 2003 then, you can also turn it into workstation. A good guide is here: http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/
  • i will reinstall 2k when i figure out how to do it with no CD drive
  • you can install it from hard drive. 1. boot into dos. 2. change your directory to where your 2000 installations files were copied. 3. type winnt in command prompt. 4. enjoy!
  • yeah i know. but i gotta get the files from the cd in the first place
  • 1. took your HDD to your friend that has a cdrom
    2. took your cd with windows 2000 to him.
    3. copy files from cd to your hdd
    4. took your hdd back home
    enjoy
  • its a laptop, i would have done taht if it werent
  • Ah, damn, you're talking about your laptop...
  • yeah it sucks. im lookin into buying a disk cradle so i can plug the drive into my server
  • 512Mb Flash card will be excellent!
  • i got 64, but that would take a lot of times to do 2k
  • But anyway it is possible!
  • yeah but when i copy stiff in dos it doesnt do the subfolders properly
  • What filemanager do u use??
  • copy *.* c:/win2k
  • That sucks. It's an unreliable method. Try to copy folders with subdirectories using Volkov Commander!
  • or (This may be the same) try

xcopy X:\ C:\win2k

X = your drive you are copying from