Fast (Non-microsoft) MSN client

edited August 2004 in Software
I have a 90mhz Laptop which I use for AIM and internet (and some old games). AIM runs great, but MSN doesnt want to install. IE5.5 doesnt work either. Opera7 and aMSN are working fine, but aMSN is slow as hell. does anybody know a good MSN client which is fast, and doesnt need IE?

Comments

• Try Trillian with a really really simple skin.
  • Does GAIM run on Windows or is it just for Linux?
  • Does GAIM run on Windows or is it just for Linux?

It has a windows port but that sucks ass.
  • I haven t tried GAIM but i want to... MM, did you try MSN Express?
  • Why do you need to use MSN? I've never used it and I don't want to use it in future.
  • Slash wrote:
    Why do you need to use MSN? I've never used it and I don't want to use it in future.

How do I get rid of MSN from always starting up with windows.
  • Just use MsConfig to disable it.
  • Also disable the service too.
  • Yeah, it's unneeded. It's a waste of memory.
  • I tried GAIM, but it sucks. it doesnt even want to start. MSN Express? never heard of that... im gonna look for it. thanks for the suggestion.
    I need MSN, because MSN is MUCH more popular than AIM and ICQ in the netherlands. I have about 7 AIM buddys, and over 120 MSN contacts.
  • MSN Express is the web version of MSN's messenger
  • MSN Express is the web version of MSN's messenger

all web messengers are so fucking slow!
  • if u wanna get rid of messenger go to add/remove programs, windows setup and get rid of it from there, u can also get rid of OE and WMP,

the service is different, thats for businesess, disable it cos ppl can spam u wiht it
  • the service is anoying, I keep getting messages to enlarge my package -_-
  • if u got a decent firewal that dont happen
  • Hmmm

*looks at router*

LOL Im on DMZ Host....duuuuuuuuhh
  • *looks at usb modem*
    well i dont get any
  • GAIM works fine in Windows but it only has the AIM plugin. I know theres a few Jabber clients that work.
  • There's Miranda I know...

-Q