What's your favourite file manager?

edited August 2004 in Software
What filemanager do you like most?

Comments

• Mine is Total Commander. I cannot imagine what to do in Windows without it... It's useful and fast... and NO that damn... web integration...!
  • I use windows explorer...it's sorta the desktop too so it's loaded in memory always (unless it crashes and then doesn't restart itself)
  • Windows Explorer is almost useless. I didn't remember last time I clicked "My Computer" icon... Try something else...explorer sucks.
  • You forgot MC (Midnight Commander, in Linux)

and i mainly use windows explorer, and it hasnt crashed on me lately.
  • Well, Topher, MC always was my favourite, but I was afraid to include it into poll, to avoid questions like: "what is it?"
  • ms-dos executive isn't bad.....
  • ms-dos executive isn't bad.....
    Yeah, dosshell.exe is even better...
  • Slash wrote:
    ms-dos executive isn't bad.....
    Yeah, dosshell.exe is even better...

Yeah, dosshell, that was great. From the 1st days of me using a system.
  • command.com is just better lol
  • bash ownz!
  • Windows Explorer
  • Just tell me what you've found good in it... Stupid large icons for children? Suckish large panels? Good interface? Damn! I cannot understand how you can use it...
  • I'll be more specific... Windows Explorer for Windows 95.
  • How can you copy files with that crap? Using stupid 'context menu'? Isn't it easier to get 2 panels? And use F5, F6, F7, F8... buttons to operate with files...?
  • Ahhh geez Slash! Give me a break! So what if I like Windows Explorer 95? And what? Its my FUCKING CHOICE!
  • Alright, alright, I think that's not bad too, I am just trying to make your life easier, with FAR or TotalCMD.
  • Well, if it gets the job done for me, I'd stick with it until I come into a problem. Then I'll change.
  • i use exploder, because i like the loud noise, it makes me hyper
  • Mr. Clean wrote:
    i use exploder, because i like the loud noise, it makes me hyper

im confused
  • He uses Explorer. I think.
  • MC, Norton commander, DOS Shell, File Manager from Win 3.x and command.com.
  • maby hes just messing around
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    MC, Norton commander, DOS Shell, File Manager from Win 3.x and command.com.
    any file manager from the good old days that isnt like the bolated bullshit we have now. (xp and xp's windows explorer are as slow as shit even with almost everything removed.)
  • Yea, If you run XP and like using Linux I would say use CYGWIN.
  • im still downloading linux to use as my primary OS. all my hardware is compatable, just it takes forever to download. i have cygwin, look at my desktop screen shot in the desktop thread
  • BOD wrote:
    maby hes just messing around

No I don't think so.
  • Windows Explorer I use mostly but on 3.1x, File Manager was nice yet I wish it had right-click operations in it.
  • Windows Explorer I use mostly but on 3.1x, File Manager was nice yet I wish it had right-click operations in it.

File Manager would've 'owned' if it had right click operations.
  • konqueror.
  • Under Windows it's TotalCommander, and under Linux it's Nautilus.