WinWorld5 is on its way here!

edited November 2004 in News & Announcements
Out of about 5 milestones, were up to milestone 4 on WinWorld5. Its a completely redesigned version of WinWorld with no frames, a much better layout, and more browser compatibility.

Although WinWorld5 has been in the works for months, I figured its time to leak it.

http://fishnet.no-ip.org:81/winworldbeta

Comments

• Its VERY nice! Only my e-mail adress is not correct.
  • Yeah, I know, Im putting on the finishing touches now. If anyone sees anything wrong with it, post about it here so I can change it. The downloads should work (most of them)...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It looks like the portal I'm using. I didn't know you knew php. In this case, you may want to consider joining the wrpg team.
  • Um... why aren't you using my downloads?
    Microsoft Windows 98 FE points to ridgeback... WTF?!

It looks nice... except for the font on the icon on the mainpage.

Update: Now they point to the dl page... I could have sworn they pointed to ridgeback.

Update2: And they do on the current site. I missed the discussion when my downloads went to ridgeback, where was it?
  • Wrong. Mantako, the front page, is entirely a portal, only certain aspects of winworld are, there's alot more content, and alot less portal :P

Update: Now they point to the dl page... I could have sworn they pointed to ridgeback.

Some do... DLs arent complete, and Im working on balancing the load so we dont need as much bandwidth wasted on downloads... if you were ever on AIM i would have talked to you about it... but your always unreachable -_-
  • AKA yur blocked by Shellfish, lol
  • So you pawned stuff on mantako?

I don't really get it.... I mean, I have an email address that's listed, and PM's work, too. I was on AIM a bit today, too.
  • Mr. Clean wrote:
    Wrong. Mantako, the front page, is entirely a portal, only certain aspects of winworld are, there's alot more content, and alot less portal :P

I'm talking about scripting functionality only.
  • I don't mind you guys linking to me, in fact i created that ABW server for winworld so go ahead!

(Also my Win 98 FE is the full bootable version anyway)

You might want to center your text in the cell titles.
  • jcmoor wrote:
    I don't mind you guys linking to me, in fact i created that ABW server for winworld so go ahead!
    And your point is?

Update2: And they do on the current site. I missed the discussion when my downloads went to ridgeback, where was it?

I was replying to that post ^
  • So is this the official WinWorld version that you're using, Ridgeback?
  • Of 98 FE?

No its my own.
  • its awsome, but you are missing some guis and downloads I think.
  • Okay, Tom, we'll keep that in mind, just like we do for the oses, which we host freely. But in all seriousness, the coding has been going on for months, it was all generated from scratch, not cheaply ripped off of someone else's site. The only credit we have to give is for the people who invented php, but somehow I doubt they'd mind.
  • Yea, apart from the recent forum topics, and those page generation and date/time we had the whole site written from scratch.

~Duff
  • I believe it was a free addon found on phpBB.com or somewhere.

~Duff
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Who wrote the PHP that deals with getting latest forum topics, posts, etc.? All the dynamic information in the side bars.

If that code was pulled from some other project, you probably will have to abide by the licenses and give credit where credit is due.

Its the Topics Anywhere mod from phpbbhacks.com
  • jcmoor wrote:
    Of 98 FE?

No its my own.
    I think you need to get the REAL WW copy if you're going to host it.
  • jcmoor wrote:
    Of 98 FE?

No its my own.
    I think you need to get the REAL WW copy if you're going to host it.

You are absouletly right shell.
  • For security purposes, that is the only way we can run this. I recommend the links to Ridgeback's unofficial documents be removed, before we encounter any problems. You know my source is correct and trustworthy.
  • For security purposes, that is the only way we can run this. I recommend the links to Ridgeback's unofficial documents be removed, before we encounter any problems. You know my source is correct and trustworthy.

i never trusted ridegback

shell, now hes trustworthy.
  • Maybe Winworld will adopt this win 98 instead of theirs (its much better).

And why dont you trust me?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file