IE Integration

QQ
edited August 2004 in Software
Does Integrating IE with Windows do anything good?

-Q

Comments

• IE integration in Windows 2000/XP/ME is OK. The only OS that runs like shit is Windows 98........but with or without IE integ, it does run like shit.
  • IE integration is sometimes a necessary evil
  • I dont use IE anymore. I use Mozilla or Mozilla Firefox .8. IE sucks bigtime. (and CPU load+drive space)
  • This is onr of the resons why I moved to Linux. I hate IE with a passion. Give it a few more years and Windows will be replaced with IE LOL.
  • IE is irritating, I uninstalled it from 2000 with 2000lite.

-Q
  • you can include it with windows but u dont have to "integrate" it.
  • only thing i like about it you can acess folder quicker.....but i dont like the idea of the interagation...that should have been an option..

NEW

WINDOWS:
    ITERAGATED 2015

windows will never bee the same again!!!
  • That is, except when you're dependant on being logged in already in IE. The above post is mine. Mods, please delete it.

Mozilla's pretty cool. It seems faster on page loading than IE. I'm sure I'll keep using IE for some stuff, but I like Mozilla. Also, where'd the avatars and smiley faces go? All I get is a broken image (well in IE, that is!)
  • i use mozilla i still use firebird lol
  • What's the best version of Mozilla?
  • Firefox 0.8.0

-Q

PS. It's spelled 'epitome'
  • Haha... whoops.... so much for "Sound it out, boys and girls." LOL

Thanks for the tip. :-D
  • What's the best version of Mozilla?

Depends on your preference. A lot of people like Firefox a lot, but I prefer Mozilla 1.6.
  • ZeroSky wrote:
    What's the best version of Mozilla?

Depends on your preference. A lot of people like Firefox a lot, but I prefer Mozilla 1.6.

i dont see a difference in the browser core, so i would pick the orignal mozilla because of all the extras!
  • Mozilla, because of all the bloat!

-Q
  • Thanks for the tips, guys! I'm getting used to using FireFox now.
  • Q wrote:
    Mozilla, because of all the bloat!

-Q

...bloat? To what are you referring to?
  • I use Firefox and Thunderbird ::)

I think what he means is that with Mozilla you get the browser, the email client, a chat program, some weird feedback app etc... With Firefox you get the browser and... the... browser.

I read on some website that Firefox has trimmed a whole chunk of the code from the orginal Mozilla... aparrently when Apple released Safari they were orignially going to use the Mozilla core but decided at the last second to go with Konqueror (aka: KDE on U*IX) because the Mozilla code was too bloated and sloppy ::(

Then again, anything is better than the IE sh*t!
  • rubenerd wrote:
    I use Firefox and Thunderbird ::)

I think what he means is that with Mozilla you get the browser, the email client, a chat program, some weird feedback app etc... With Firefox you get the browser and... the... browser.

I read on some website that Firefox has trimmed a whole chunk of the code from the orginal Mozilla... aparrently when Apple released Safari they were orignially going to use the Mozilla core but decided at the last second to go with Konqueror (aka: KDE on U*IX) because the Mozilla code was too bloated and sloppy ::(

Then again, anything is better than the IE sh*t!

What kinds of features does thunderbird have exactly?
  • Thunderbird is basicly just like Outlook but doesn't have the secerty holes and what not. Also its more stable and no email based viruses.
  • u know how win2ks startup screen says "Windows 2000 professional based on NT tech", im suprised ms didnt say "Windows 2000 pro based on internet explorer"
  • or the

"WITH Mircosoft Internet Explorer!" like 95B and NT4 said.
  • Well, look at linux, its slow as hell and doesnt even HAVE IE!
  • Now you're getting into other stuff, it might be KDE\GNOMESs fault, not Linux itself.

-Q
  • I hate IE4!!! I hate web integration! It is so stupid that i have to run IE in order to launch Opera!
  • It is so stupid that i have to run IE in order to launch Opera!

Huh?
  • I think he means that he has to run IE4 to get Windows to dailup before he can run Opera.

-Q
  • WTF? Just make the connection dial when you boot... thats what I did with my DSL before I had a router... setup a PPPoE connection that would auto-connect when I booted...
  • Oooh. I understand now.
  • TopherNet wrote:
    u know how win2ks startup screen says "Windows 2000 professional based on NT tech", im suprised ms didnt say "Windows 2000 pro based on internet explorer"

NT means New Technology, so what they are saying is based on New Technology Technology.
    And that New Technology is anywhere from new, cause its from 1994 or 1995.
    They should have said "based on NT4" or something