Some avatar changes have been made...

edited October 2004 in News & Announcements
By request of varuvaru 150x150 is now allowed, and you CAN remote link to avatars (so they dont all have to be stored on my server, which should make page loads faster if people do that).

If any admin finds an avatar thats over 150x150 theyll remove it... Noone wants to see some huge ass avatar that takes up 1/4 of their screen :P

Comments

• I think I'll resize mine...

Edit: Ah, 10 pixels, not worth it.
  • I hardly notice the 10 pixel difference lol.
  • Hell wtf is difference between 150 and 160? I think no...
    And is my avatar complain with this standard?
  • it would let you have it if it wasnt the right size...
  • i always wanted it to be 100x100...so then people with smaller resolutions will be able to have a better view of the boards.

100x100 was also used on my boards..i hate big avatars...takes up space.
  • Heh. I don't notice since my resolution is pretty high.
  • Ditto. 1280x800...
    But still, I can see how it would be very annoying in 640x480. But you'd still have the problem of signatures. Look at the SigX things most people have. In a 640x480 screen, they're HUGE.
    They're huge even on bigger res' as well :P
  • Yeah, ppl's sigx'es bring me some problems on 24K.
  • RNRN
    edited October 2004
    varuvaru wrote:
    Ditto. 1280x800...
    But still, I can see how it would be very annoying in 640x480. But you'd still have the problem of signatures. Look at the SigX things most people have. In a 640x480 screen, they're HUGE.
    They're huge even on bigger res' as well :P

OK that would be quite annoying... but who would do that anyway? (Like put a ton of shit.)
  • edited October 2004
    Slash wrote:
    Yeah, ppl's sigx'es bring me some problems on 24K.
    ...says the man who has one in his sig LOL
    But yeah. Romanian 56K = Stable 14.4k LOL
    As for running in 640x480...
    Story: 2 years ago, I didn't have a laptop. Well, I had a 286, but.... it's a 286 :P So I took the mobo and PSU and a couple of other components off this PII 333 with me to Romania when I went there for the summer. Over there, I had no money to buy an 0wnaging monitor. So I spent $10 on buying the cheapest monitor I could find. A VGA. It can't do 800x600, except at 53Hz, and even then, it's shoved towards the left so much that the image overlaps. I was forced to run it in 640x480.

Why didn't I buy a better screen? a) no money, b) the next-best screen, a 14" SVGA, was $80, in the cheapest place.
  • Slash wrote:
    Yeah, ppl's sigx'es bring me some problems on 24K.

LOL i bet mine is one of them cuz i use remote sigx images.
  • Wow... yea SigX's do suck in 800 x 600.
  • Yay!!! I can now use bigger Avatars.
  • AND you can remote link to it on your own server, which will make the text here load significantly faster because then I dont need to upload all the avatars :P
  • Yeah, Topher, your signature loads at least, 8 seconds...
  • in 800x600 sigxs arent that bad
  • Even in 1400x1050...
  • Uhh./... anyway, everyone, if you run a server, put your avatar on it and link to it so theres less for me to upload, which should increase page load times.
  • Is skycache down for you guys or is it just me?
  • Is skycache down for you guys or is it just me?

its down.
  • Who needs skycache when we have servers?
  • Mine isn't on during the weekend, remember?
  • So? Its on most of the time :p
  • Slash wrote:
    Yeah, Topher, your signature loads at least, 8 seconds...

there i changed it to a default theme, load faster?
  • It cut about 35K off the image size LOL

To the rest of us theres no change.
  • It cut about 35K off the image size LOL

To the rest of us theres no change.

but your not on 24k.

lets see if its easier on slash. im only trying to be nice.
  • If Slash really wanted to, he could just block images from sigx.yuriy.net... but then he misses out on a lot.
  • If Slash really wanted to, he could just block images from sigx.yuriy.net... but then he misses out on a lot.

...Im assuming you havent discovered AdBlock yet... he could just block that individial image. :P
  • I'm assuming you haven't been paying attention... beacuse I do use adblock.

I was speaking of a general solution that would GREATLY cut down on the time it takes for a forum page to load, since almost all of us have Sigx's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file