50000 posts!

edited October 2004 in News & Announcements
YaY! We have successfully passed that 50000 posts limit.... Congrats everyone!!!
So, who remembers that old good times where we celebrated our 10000th post?!

Comments

• HaH! Yea! and when we hit 25 000 and then failed back to like ~12 000 posts and then had to restore the old forumn!

Celebrate!

-Q

PS. *Moved to News and Announcements*
  • w000t!!!! 50000posts!

here y'all go:

taart.gif
  • w00t, I can't wait until the 100,000 posts. THAT will be kewl.

Happy 50,000 posts WinBoards!
  • What on "Earht" kind of a cake is that?

-Q
  • yay (bounce)

next stop: 100 000
  • Can't wait to get to the big 1 mil!
  • Heh... what got screwed that we went backward 13k again?
  • How would that happen, the latest backup is from yesterday :-|
  • Read Q's post... I meant in the past...
  • Something made us have to go back to ~12 000, and I had to show you how to import a .sql, I think it was that time...

-Q
  • So the posts themselves weren't lost, just the count?
  • No, both were recovered sucessfully.

-Q
  • Haven't you noticed how amazingly fast we did it??
    In May we made 10000 and now it's already >50000!!!
  • I just hope we can keep going with content and quality <G>.

-Q
  • I have a weird feeling that number 100,000 may or may not happen, but 1 million will never come.

As Q said to me earlier, "All good things must come to an end."
  • James Babb wrote:
    I have a weird feeling that number 100,000 may or may not happen, but 1 million will never come.

As Q said to me earlier, "All good things must come to an end."

OR ARE YOU JUST HAVING FORUM ENVY>?!?!1
  • 1 Million will not come because you will need more hd space for a DB, and possibly more bandwith too.

But what amazes me more is that it took you 7 days to respond to that topic. Your reaction time is a little slow. I suggest you take a leave for a little bit. Like a day or two. It might do you some good, along with you Q, and everyone else.
  • I don't think we need to encourage our main admins to go on a vacation from their duties.
  • Why, exactly, should we all leave for a few days if the board is in terminal decline, as you claim? To speed it up?

-Q
  • James Babb wrote:
    1 Million will not come because you will need more hd space for a DB, and possibly more bandwith too.

But what amazes me more is that it took you 7 days to respond to that topic. Your reaction time is a little slow. I suggest you take a leave for a little bit. Like a day or two. It might do you some good, along with you Q, and everyone else.

Umm, first, its not like I upload the database to people all the time, its only a FEW LINES OF IT AT A TIME. Therefore, I have no need for more bandwidth, especially since Im already unlimited. I also can *VERY* easily upgrade my hard drive if for some reason it gets too big.

And is my reaction time slow, or are you a dumbass?

Maybe YOU should leave for a few days, like you keep claiming your going to do.
  • Why you think 1million will never come? There are NO reasons of thinking so...
    One day that should be...
  • the maximum size of a sql database on windows is 2TB i think, somewhere i think fish sed the backup is about 40MB.

you do the maths
  • BOD wrote:
    the maximum size of a sql database on windows is 2TB i think, somewhere i think fish sed the backup is about 40MB.

you do the maths

I just did 804.34 MB.

You just wait though. Loss of interest is the most logical reason for the decline and fall of winboards. The loss of interest will be caused by things, that are NOT other forums.
  • James Babb wrote:
    1 Million will not come because you will need more hd space for a DB, and possibly more bandwith too.

Let's put it this way: Wikipedia (500,000+ entries) made a dump of the site recently. It's 669MB worth of stuff, database and all.
  • You did not read the previous post. I corrected my self there.
  • anyways it will be 1 million unless database won't crash... hope that wont happen.
  • James Babb wrote:
    BOD wrote:
    the maximum size of a sql database on windows is 2TB i think, somewhere i think fish sed the backup is about 40MB.

you do the maths

I just did 804.34 MB.

You just wait though. Loss of interest is the most logical reason for the decline and fall of winboards. The loss of interest will be caused by things, that are NOT other forums.
    wtf? If he were still here, I'd so want an explanation of this.
  • I'd like to see his supporting arguments, but thanx to his ridiculously poor choice of password, I can't.

-Q

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file