Windows 98 FE and 98 SE

edited January 2005 in Site Issues
There the same only difference is one is 499 MB other is 503 Mb. But when its downloading both say Windows 98FE. Whats up with that?

Comments

• Prolly been named wrong. Check them, are they different?
  • VMware them
  • Or read the README/SETUP texts.
  • Why are they so huge? My 98 was 100Mbs...
  • my SE is only 120
  • It's probably the full version with 400megs of advertisements and videos how ms own you
  • The one I host for WinWorld is the full version and its bootable.
  • If it weren't a full version, I would download it. Just don't want to stay online for several days in order to get some videos crap etc...
  • Slash wrote:
    If it weren't a full version, I would download it. Just don't want to stay online for several days in order to get some videos crap etc...

Or you could have someone download it, make it smaller then give you a link :P
  • I only put it up because someon else on here requested for it. I could take it down if you want me to.
  • I think I've mentioned this before, you should offer the whole CD and just the install folder.
  • Yea, could reduce a lot of bandwith by offering both.
  • Anyone has just win98 folder of FE?
  • Ill download it, make a new RAR with just that, and add it to the downloads!
  • Maybe there should be a seperate page, "Trimmed down OSes/Shells" ?

-Q
  • Maybe put it by the regular one because people won't take it if it says "Trimmed Down" offer it is a "minimal install" for low bandwith users or something
  • Ill download it, make a new RAR with just that, and add it to the downloads!
    So does that mean I can take the other one down? (dance)
  • I don't think so...
  • (Installation files only, download this if using a slow line) or something like that so ppl can decide which is for them. Later on we can have a seperate page with an explanation of the differences and which to pick when.

-Q