Text based offline RPGs for pc

edited January 2005 in Site Issues
has anyone got any Text based offline RPGs for pc, for msdos preferably, but based in ascii like the letter E might represent a ladder not the type like "you walk into a room: A=look B=pickup" etc etc

Comments

• hah... that would be a strange find... if someone gets one I want to see what it's like.
  • oh nethack, i have that.
  • There was Rogue, but all of them that I've found are online versions. Also, I have some of the old text adventures from Activision, but those are just text.

-Q
  • All-text games are some of the best.
  • Well.. a text based MMORPG I used to play hardcore was called AstroNest. Anyone play that game? I loved it tremendously. After a little while the american servers shut down, so someone created a translator and we all flocked to the korean servers. Shortly after they closed as well. Aparently they have a new game called AstroN, but it isn't a text based game (it was 180MB last time I checked.... hope that isn't all text), and it's in full korean, and I can't get it to play as it requires the website too for something (no, do not suggest babelfish or any other online translation, most of the site's words are images).