MacDomain...

2»

Comments

• I'd just like to know what downloading a ISO from a completely unrelated site has to do with MrMacs site.

-Q
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Yeah, MacOS is better.

IDK I haven't used any recent versions of it....
  • OS X is nice. Puts XP to shame design-wise.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Or even compatibility-wise.

Considering what it's made for that's not too suprising.

-Q

PS. Althought I'd be willing to argue on stability.
  • OS X is pretty stable, but all Mac design is crap.

So many ppl, so many opinions, what can I say else?
  • I use Mac OS X more these days..... And it is stable.
  • But how about the fact that I've never had any panic or prohibitory in using Macs, including my own. I'm willing to bet that your "4 out of 5" were some institutions Macs, since they (Especially schools) have an uncanny knack for really screwing up computers, especially Macs.

-Q
  • I've never seen the Macs at school crash. Sometimes an app.
  • I'm not sure, but ALL the Macs I've seen in schools, etc, are in terrible condition, and most likely through the faul of whoevers managing them, not the users.

-Q

PS. Hmm, personally I wouldn't judge something based on the 1st 5 things I saw, but whatever, I wasn't there.
  • O. Hmm, well store machines I'm not surprised @ (The 1 I saw in CompUSAs Appl Corner was looping that video they have for the new G5s on one of those huge flatscreens and... there were 3 cascaded "The application has needed to close, please tell Apple about this" boxes in front). The home ones I don't know about. They don't give me any trouble, although I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "Crash", so I can't accurately compare notes.

-Q
  • computers in stores are dodgy, I went into pcworld and theyre all broke. one reason why i wouldnt wanna buy a display model
  • i saw a computer at office depot (2 of them) one had the Sasser worm, and the other was BSODED. LOL
  • and never buy stuff open-box (aka display...) my brothers computer (which was open box) had wild tangent, and 3 worms, and alot of crap... So i reformatted it...