[Offer] Windows Powered

Have you guys ever heard of Windows Powered? It's an operating system that's like Windows 2000. But Windows Powered is, well, it's kind of hard to explain what this is, because I couldn't find a lot of juicy details about this OS, but I think they say that it's like an "embedded" version of Windows 2000. It's probably for things like payphones (anything that can use an embedded operating system), and high-end computers. So anyway, I'm just offering this because I found it somewhere on the inter web.

Here are a few screenshots to show you what I mean...

I actually have an ISO image for Windows Powered on my Google Drive, but I can't show you the ISO because the file size is too large.

Comments

• This is a fake.

Supposedly there was an add-on for Windows 2000 Advanced Server used with NAS systems by that name, but no genuine media has ever turned up.

And it is not much of an "offer" without media.

Payphones?.....

• @SomeGuy said:
    This is a fake.

Supposedly there was an add-on for Windows 2000 Advanced Server used with NAS systems by that name, but no genuine media has ever turned up.

And it is not much of an "offer" without media.

Payphones?.....

It's a very good fake at that. So many people think it's real that its "startup sound" has popped up in many Windows startup sound compilations. There's even a thread over on BA about this (from a while ago).

• Yeah, I think I have been seeing some people saying that Windows Powered is considered a "fake Windows 2000". I actually discovered this OS from YouTube videos with all of the Windows startup and shutdown sounds. There are also a couple video tutorials on YouTube on installing Windows Powered in VirtualBox and other hypervisors. That's how I got the ISO for this operating system, from the users who made those tutorials. But I have to tell you, it does seem kind of fake.

• edited May 13

@SomeGuy said:
    Payphones?.....

There are these payphones (although not where I live-- I saw one on vacation in Europe a few years ago) that have a screen and can place VoIP calls and the like. They probably run Windows CE, not "Windows Powered" however.

• Okay, I just got some media for the ISO for Windows Powered. I actually got the ISO for it from someone else's Google Drive, and it was a RAR archive, until I downloaded it, extracted it in 7-Zip, and then put it on my Google Drive. I might as well show the RAR archive from that person's Google Drive account; https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1KT-XqbyoT5M0FBeUlqNGRfTGc/view
    This is actually from someone who made a video tutorial on YouTube on installing Windows Powered in VirtualBox.

• edited December 5

Looks like Windows Powered was indeed an actual Windows 2000 derivative.
    https://betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=39131

Even if you look in 2000 pro's NTOSKRNL.exe and msgina.dll you will find a Windows Powered boot screen and login banners.

I do think that there are numerous fake ISOs floating around; one YT video has a golden gradient during the third and final startup stage (login) whilst another has the regular blue gradient.