KOS

Comments

• What can I do? Documentation is my strongpoint, I'd like to help SOMEHOW.

-Q
  • hacked711 wrote:
    you know, im going to bring back this topic.
    im bored right now and i need something to do so,
    im going to help you out with fat and vga support. (maybe a good command line and an interface while im at it.)wish me luck.

Work on FAT 12 support. VGA thing is done, and you need to know all the K Ints to right an app, which I never documented.
  • Q wrote:
    What can I do? Documentation is my strongpoint, I'd like to help SOMEHOW.

-Q

You could...ummmmmm. Test K OS, write some good documentation on the kernel, and other things.

Anyone who wants to help, please create a Sourceforge account so I can add you to the team.
  • ==UPDATE==

K OS is going to be brought out of the dead, on Friday! more updates will be coming soon.
  • Ooooh, I am really becoming a fan of this OS!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah, it really doesnt look all that great, which is why I havent really posted in this thread. Its just basically a DOSShell-like project.
  • ==UPDATE==

K OS is going to be brought out of the dead, on Friday! more updates will be coming soon.
    i almost got vfat file access yestreday then i got a red screen
  • Hmm, I"ll have to install VMware and have some fun with this!

-Q
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    Ooooh, I am really becoming a fan of this OS!

Explain that. LOL It's just a simple kernel that echoes stuff to the screen for now. How can one be a fan of something of the sort?
    Yeah, it really doesnt look all that great, which is why I havent really posted in this thread. Its just basically a DOSShell-like project.

i think this is something big for jack, it might not do much now but its got potential.
  • HeH, the best I can do is make it say "H" on the screen.

-Q
  • See, the thing is, it takes YEARS to make an OS, and TONS die. (Such as BeOS) And just going and making one isnt going to really get much. Ive made many "OSes" out of hacked copies of Windows, but its not like I would make it GO anywhere LOL.
  • Exactly, this isn't a "serious" OS. He (and maybe I) am doing this just for learning purposes and fun.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    Exactly, this isn't a "serious" OS. He (and maybe I) am doing this just for learning purposes and fun.

-Q

Yes, Q. This is a hobby of mine. If I was serious about it, I wouldn't not do anything with it for months at a time.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Now, if you actually wrote a clone of Windows from scratch, not only would I be immensely impressed, I would personally fly over there and hand over my entire computer hardware collection. LMAO

Oh really? All of it? Cause if I do make a windows clone from nothing, then I want all your damn computers :P
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Now, if you actually wrote a clone of Windows from scratch, not only would I be immensely impressed, I would personally fly over there and hand over my entire computer hardware collection. LMAO

Oh really? All of it? Cause if I do make a windows clone from nothing, then I want all your damn computers :P

Dude. It will take years of research to make.....wait what Windows version we talking? I can easily clone Windows 1 in C
  • Your OS sucks, just like all things you do.
  • Your OS sucks, just like all things you do.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Topher wrote:
    Tomchu wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    Ooooh, I am really becoming a fan of this OS!

Explain that. LOL It's just a simple kernel that echoes stuff to the screen for now. How can one be a fan of something of the sort?
    Yeah, it really doesnt look all that great, which is why I havent really posted in this thread. Its just basically a DOSShell-like project.

i think this is something big for jack, it might not do much now but its got potential.

Yes, it's a good effort for learning and all, but actually designing an OS from ground-up requires years of OS theory beforehand. Just sitting down and writing won't really result in anything very worthy of mention ... oh wait, can anyone say Linux? LOL

I like this OS cuz it was made by non-professional programmer... for non-commercial purposes. It was made by a person who is like us...
  • Hope soon it will be something much more than it is now...
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Quite possibly. :P

But don't give up on Linux/Windows just yet ... it'll be a good few years before this is a usable desktop OS. :P

what? its usable. it just doesn't do anything.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Key phrase: "usable desktop operating system"

I define "usable" as "something that can be put to use".

i know what you mean. I was just kidding.
  • Warning for Tom: Don't put only ":P" in your post. Try to put more meaning into it :) Read the rules. Its changed.

---

Well KOS can sort of tell the time. That's a good start. Then it'll have a desktop enviroment!