Comments

• I have a server! Here's tech specs:

HTTP: IIS 5.1 on Windows XP Professional SP1

FTP: BulletProof FTP Server 2.21

PHP: PHP 4.3.4

Here's the URLs:

HTTP: http://duffnet.serveftp.org/

FTP: ftp://duffnet.serveftp.org/

nice, isint having your own server wonderful?
  • I have a server! Here's tech specs:

HTTP: IIS 5.1 on Windows XP Professional SP1

FTP: BulletProof FTP Server 2.21

PHP: PHP 4.3.4

Here's the URLs:

HTTP: http://duffnet.serveftp.org/

FTP: ftp://duffnet.serveftp.org/

ps: use abyss or go to hell!
  • Did you use the Binary installer of PHP? Because if you did it sets PHP to be used as a CGI Service and makes it a bit unsafe because if you do something wrong with the PHP code the source code can be veiwable. Meaning if it was setup to use IE and some one with some small 3rd party browser will see the source code instead of the site.

I've never seen it off hand but when I frist started useing PHP on my webserver lots of people saw my source instead of the binary.
  • Heres my server info

http://tcpmeta.dyndns.org/status/

I'm still adding stuff to it.
  • My main concern right now is MySQL. I can install it, however, when I try to make a database, it says it can't. It's worked before, but I think it has to do with me having installed it in one directory then in another, then a different, uninstalling the previous before the latter. I think it has to due with residue from previous installs.
  • You shoould of installed it in C:\MYSQL and left it there. If it messes up uninstall it and reinstall it to the same directory. Look in your Services and see if MySQL is listed servel times, if it is then you might have to uninstall all of the MySQL services and and MySQL then reinstall MySQL.

Do you use phpMyAdmin or do you use the CMD window?
  • oh my god, IIS
  • Well atleast he doesn't use Deerfield Website, the worlds bottle neck of HTTPD servers lol. I can understand if you want to use ASP or ASP.NET scripts for IIS but if I were you I would use Apache.

Let me talk about Apache real quick.
    Apache is very easy to use. All you use is notepad to edit the HTTPD.CONF file that is very straight forward. Also theres a 3rd party program that adds the same setup likeness to Abyss. Apache is a long stronger and can handle more of a workload then IIS and Abyss. With out Apache, Linux wouldn't be around because Apache was the breaking point for companys to use for webhosting and such. So for all you know your ISP is use Apache to host they're site and still able to give you free webspace.

Abyss is great in all but you can only use so much for it. Like PERL, PHP and ASP. Sadly you have to buy the ASP addon but with Apache you just install PERL, Mod_Perl and Apache::ASP and your ready to use ASP.

I guess I better stop rambling, sorry to go off topic there, just had to let that out :lol:
  • Don't , Duff, Don't!!

IIS will kill you the way it screwed Fish!

Apache confused the [CS] out of FIsh and I, I've used it on linux, it's good ther, but totally out of place in Windows.

-Q
  • *sits in the corner quietly waving a little Xitami flag*
  • /me sits on forum server waving Abyss Web Server flag..

pwrabyss.png
  • You better keep your finger on that Windows Update button. If I get requests from you for default.ida or root.exe...

-Q
  • Apache is easy as heck to config. Q is right about IIS, lose it quick or go down with the ship.
  • HAHHAHAHAHHAHAH Thanx TCP!

About 1/2 of the files in my error_log files are from IIS wermes!

-Q
  • I love to see it when another person makes their own webpage, so i was very excited when duffdude said he had a new website

but i wasnt to happy when i discovered something

duff2.png

it seemed that duffdude had written a slogan undeniably resembling my site's

k6page4.png
    (this is the slogan in large letters on the about page)

I went to bring this to duffdude's attention, because, i thought, perhaps he mistakenly took my slogan as his own creation

k6page3.png

however, when i confronted him, he said that in fact, it was 100% his creation

so i tried to explain why it was apparent he had copied me, he denied that he had, in anyway done so, so i asked him to remove it and make up his own slogan, and as you can see, he disregarded my copyright, and had a copyright notice on his own site, while it was obviously not original
  • Please, my slogan is similar to yours, but anything short of copied.
  • Please, my slogan is similar to yours, but anything short of copied.

I'd have to agree, that's what it looks like to me...

Besides, I highly doubt you actually got a real copyright on that. tongue.gif
  • In the US, copyrights are defaultly applied to origional creative works that are not made under contract or specifically released under a less/nonrestrictive license.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    In the US, copyrights are defaultly applied to origional creative works that are not made under contract or specifically released under a less/nonrestrictive license.

-Q

Ah, sorry then, my mistake, I thought a legal copyright was something that had to be obtained...
  • That's patents, and others.

-Q
  • Sorry to go on a complete tangent here, but what's that skin you've got on firefox? I like it.
  • the skin is 708090
  • Q wrote:
    In the US, copyrights are defaultly applied to origional creative works that are not made under contract or specifically released under a less/nonrestrictive license.

-Q

my point exactly
  • So, Duff, still using Internet Irradation Server?

-Q
  • Nope, back on Abyss.
  • Abyss rules!
  • and whats more it works!
  • Not with my flash, it doesn't. I need Apache for it to work.

See: www.shellnet.tk
    It doesn't work now, since I'm using Abyss.
  • Its not like you have content or your own layout anyway LOL :P
  • I have an enormous amoutn of content, it's that Abyss doesn't display it, Silly Phish.