Windows XP Requirements :-)

edited September 2004 in Software
Windows XP needs a 233 MHz P2 Processor, you think? Windows XP can run under 20 MHz and 32 MB of RAM

Look

xp20.gif
for German-speaking people: from www.winhistory.de

Comments

• thats a fake. no pentium processor is 20mhz. unless it was seriously underclocked.
  • How to underclock a CPU?
  • How that was done? Maybe that was 386...
  • I turely don't think that Windows XP would actually run in a 20MHz processor.
  • It ran good on 66MHX processor with 64MB RAM. So it can even run on 20MHZ, i think...
  • intel.PNG

It can run on 4 mb of ram, with a 10 mhz cpu!
  • That was made in Paint...

Why you all hide your serials? can you tell me?
  • Slash wrote:
    That was made in Paint...

Why you all hide your serials? can you tell me?

What gave it away? Ofcourse it was made in paint.
  • why the hell hide serials??? theyre not the codes anyway, id hide my name more to the point
  • I wont hide anything.

sysprops.jpg
  • WoW! How's that goddamn large!!
    Well look @ mine:
    12345.jpg
  • Topher, is your windows legal.? ;)
  • Slash wrote:
    Topher, is your windows legal.? ;)

mmhmmm.
  • To clear things up...

I preformed a little VMware expirement. I installed xp with 512 mb of ram, then I dropped it down to 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24. The lowest amount of ram you can run xp with is 24 mb of ram. Now we all know.
  • ill hide my last name but thats it

bod_sys.JPG
  • Why have you hidden your last name? Is there something uncensored there? lol
  • no, its just i have a really uncommon surname and it would be really easy to find me, specially since my location is in my profile
  • Dude, have you broken the law or something?
  • no, just once i put a picture of myself on my site and somone recognised me in town.....

(im not paranoid)
  • HOLY SHIT! I have an uncommon last name! OH MAN! I never thought of it that way BOD! You've scared me!
  • but u (as far as i no) havnt let your exact location be known to others
  • Roger wrote:
    HOLY SHIT! I have an uncommon last name! OH MAN! I never thought of it that way BOD! You've scared me!

How many n g o's can there be in the state of California?
  • Damn, what the problem? I can post my full name and address here and I know that nothing will happen! What can happen?
  • sysinfo.PNG

well I'm not as secure about giving my info out as you are.
  • First of all, the first screenshot is indeed a fake, BECAUSE XP does *NOT* say "32,0MB RAM" like 2000 said in K, it only says "32 MB of RAM"... Ive run XP on a 100MHz / 64MB, and a 400MHz / 32MB (testing only) and it did NOT say XX,0 MB.

Also, the serial fear: That serial is NOT your windows serial, its the serial that it generates BASED on the one you used, which Microsoft can use to determine if you have a legal copy of Windows or not. I know that XP corprate copies only used the xxx-640-xxx numbers legally, all non-640s are stolen. That should be the only fear, but some people seem to think that its the windows install serial.
  • Roger wrote:
    HOLY SHIT! I have an uncommon last name! OH MAN! I never thought of it that way BOD! You've scared me!

How many n g o's can there be in the state of California?

I don't know... Umm I know a few. But that's all. BUT I KNOW its not common.
  • I know BODs last name (I think...) but anyway.

I'm on -OEM- now, but that's because this is a "OEM" machine!

I do see that Slash's Windows isn't legal (If that's XP Pro Corp), Ahh OpenNet, how I wish we could do that in USA!

-Q
  • So I did a people search on Ngo's in Roger's area.... 100+ results LOL
  • Yeah... But You can't find me in there!
  • Q wrote:
    I know BODs last name (I think...) but anyway.

I'm on -OEM- now, but that's because this is a "OEM" machine!

I do see that Slash's Windows isn't legal (If that's XP Pro Corp), Ahh OpenNet, how I wish we could do that in USA!

-Q
    How have u understood that it's not legal...?
    And it's not XP Pro Corp, It's 2000