XP (+SP2) SUCKS A LONG HARD ONE!!!

13»

Comments

• Broadcast storm, smooth.

Well, I avoid LAN parties, but then again I no noone to Party with...

-Q

PS. Yikes! Been reading FAR too much Soviet Lit lately!
  • LOL Bet he thought it makes it faster ;-)

Nah, he just didn't know what the hell he was doing. When everyone was unloading, I piled all the networking equipment up in one corner, planning to leave it for myself after I got my computer up, but this guy just took to it right away.

Even better was the time that someone plugged the same Ethernet cable into two ports on a hub. That was ownage. The network completely froze, and all the CS faggots were like "Hey!1!!1!!". LOL
  • LOL I do stupid shit like that alot, I had my sound cable going from my speaker jack to my mic jack on my mainboard and was like "wheres the other end I hook to my subwoofer?"
  • my dad messed up a CD player of mine once when he plugged in the AC adapter into the headphone port lol
  • LOL, see that is why they use the barrel plugs on most!
  • this was like 10yrs ago.....
  • Oh...I hardly ever see those. I only have like 2 for Atari which I don't even know where it is anymore
  • another reason is that you can electrocute urselft easier with the old ones
  • Q wrote:
    So what? If they use hubs for everything then it could be fiber 100 and it would probably go slow az anything.

-Q

Considering they're a Cisco Net Acad., I bet they use good Cisco stuff that they're probably getting for free.

Then again, the server room is right outside my homeroom and has huge glass windows, but the light's always off and it's hard to see in. I should try to look sometime.
  • You can't tell the difference between a hub and a switch unless it says on the thing which most don't.
  • Considering they're a Cisco Net Acad., I bet they use good Cisco stuff that they're probably getting for free.

No they don't. BCC is a Cisco Academy and they get a discount for it, and STILL have to pay though the nose for stuff, G had to use a flooded 802 for CCNA 4 skills.

-Q
  • edited September 2004
    Meh, but they still use the stuff. And considering they use expensive stuff everywhere else.... and have fairly intelligent people in IT... I'd think they'd know not to use a hub.....
  • use a hub.....

I HOPE that's a misspelling...

-Q
  • It is... from watching tv, talking, and trying to rush back to RC to catch some more posts!
  • Last edited by SurfinSHELL23 on Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

HaHa
  • Time to spazz on you for filler posts!