windows 2 thounsands + gaymes

edited September 2004 in Software
hiyoo ( my site bitchingoathosting.com)

was wondering, what does windows 2000 pro play games & multimedia like. ne gooood?

thx

the bitch with the goat

Comments

• What do you mean by that? It plays games and music fine on my other computer.
  • uh, what are you talking about? gaymes?? do you mean games? games run good in 2000.
  • hacked711 wrote:
    uh, what are you talking about? gaymes?? do you mean games? games run good in 2000.

Games (especially modern ones) kick ass in 2000. Its older games (1995 and back) that probly wont work.
  • yeah get liek virtual pc or some other emulator to do that
  • 2000's fine for games, get driectx and you're fine
  • Windows 2000 is better for gaming than XP. A good stable kernal ans modern games just do great with it. Get a nice video card and have nice system specs, it'll be great.
  • The only real problem you'll have is with DOS games, because 2000 has a POOR DOS emulator. I'd recommend using VMware or DOSBox or something to handle the DOS games.

-Q
  • that sucks too since most of my games are DOS games.... if M$ had just made a better DOS emulator then 2000 sounds liek it would be serious ownage...... man i got to get this OS
  • Q wrote:
    The only real problem you'll have is with DOS games, because 2000 has a POOR DOS emulator. I'd recommend using VMware or DOSBox or something to handle the DOS games.

-Q

The problem is... DOSBox is slow!
  • Well, (almost) anything's better then NTVDM!

-Q
  • just make a dual-boot with 98 like i did
  • I've been able to play some oldies in Win2k in the past. Just had sound problems. Theres a sound emulator / ASPI that will let you have sound in DOS based games in Win2k. I think it's called WDM Sound. I've played the old DOOM series in Win2k with no problems. Theres only like a hand full that don't run and also theres a handfull of games that were made to run in windows95 that won't run. Theres only one I can think of, Command and Conquer and C&C Red Alert.
  • i tried a couple of dos games in win2k and a lot of them wouldnt play because of somthing to do with COM ports.....
  • BOD wrote:
    just make a dual-boot with 98 like i did

That's a better solution.
  • i only used a 2GB partition, cos most dos games dont even take up 20mb..
  • It works perfect, even better that F***ing XP you like...
  • ok thanks.

Runnning win2k pro now. Kicks ass compared to xp thanks guys :cool:

my setup is:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ Barton
    Asrock Cheepy Mobo
    120GB Silent Maxtor HDD
    1GB PC2700 DDR
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
  • Why not use Windows XP? :-P
  • Just so you know, nightice, IBMWarpster= (y) to XP.
  • LMAO! I can't help it, I must promote XP for Athlon users.
  • LMAO! I can't help it, I must promote XP for Athlon users.
    Installing this bloatware you call windows xpee (or sth like that) on such an excellent machine is like to pour some crap on it... I won't recommend to install WinXP on any machine... it's a huge waste of your patience... to wait while this singletasking crap loads a program. ;)
  • LMAO

You DO know that XP takes advantage of the SSE2 technology that is included in newer AMD and Intel processors that 2000 does not support which actually speeds up your Windows processing power up a hole lot more than 2000.

Lies, Lies, Lies, Windows XP multitasks alot faster than 2000 :-P
  • you do know that the title of this thread is WINDOWS 2000 and games, hes only asking if windows 2000 is good for games....
  • There is a MS application compatibility toolkit that is made for 2k and up. It is similar in idea to the compatibility modes of XP except you have to manually set things, but in the end you can install a patch that you created to get the game to work right.
  • If its a DOS game you dont need compatabilit mode becuase it doesnt run in the first place.

About 99% of 9X games I played ran in 2000 and XP without that compatability bullshit
  • compaitibility mode is a waste of time
  • me wrote:
    ok thanks.

Runnning win2k pro now. Kicks ass compared to xp thanks guys :cool:

my setup is:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ Barton
    Asrock Cheepy Mobo
    120GB Silent Maxtor HDD
    1GB PC2700 DDR
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Now, what's wrong with XP... XP will run a whole lot faster on that machine than 2000.
  • Well BOD, someone sees my point LOL
  • I can't even imagine how xp can run faster than 2000? It runs as hell on everything...

And what about Svr2003? If you want a fast and a beatiful os, install it!
  • XP and 2003 run exactly the same for me :-P

You're just one fucked up person :-P